World Cup 2010 Thread

The way they've played in this half, I'd be happy with Uruguay/SA instead of Uruguay/Mexico. Shame they basically don't have a defence :/

Edit: Yeah, Liam. That, plus they're great hosts in terms of off-field entertainment and atmosphere.

Edited by Farmer Reil

If only I was still at the newspaper where I've interned for a few days. I was laughed at when I claimed South Africa will make it out of their group.

We had to do a prediction thing for work, which included who you thought would finish 2nd in each group. We both went for South Africa.

Man, is that really his name? That is awesome. I'm pulling for South Africa for the whole home country sentimental thing and because I have somehow decided that supporting Mexico is supporting Powerhart and I just can't do that.

This is oddly enough exactly why I took South Africa finishing over Mexico. I know a hot chick from South Africa and I know Powerhart is from Mexico. The decision came too easily.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

FFS will the gigantic flock of bee's inside the stadium be dealt with? The noise is fucking irritating

I like the noise.

Am I the only one totally non-plussed about the vuvuzela? It doesn't seem to bother me whatsoever.

I'm mostly fine with it. Occasionally it bothers me a little bit but it's almost like it's so consistent and omnipresent that you pretty much just adjust to that as being the norm.

People need to stop whining about the noise. It's not like the damn games in Europe are played in peace and quiet. This isn't golf.

Tough luck for South Africa at the end there...they may not get a better chance to score during the remainder of the World Cup.

Only one of my accumulators is on now, but £1,900 if it happens. Only risks are France winning tonight + South Korea drawing tomorrow.

And don't worry, they'll be banned tomorrow when some England fan lobs it onto the pitch. Or atleast the stupid trumpet man will be drowned out.

I can just picture the scenes when England get knocked out and riot with the horns.

I hate how there's no football for 2 hours now, they should just have constant football.

Yeah, I don't get the gap. The 2nd game should have been half an hour after the first one.