World Cup 2010 Thread

Wow this thread is slowly dying, while we're at the pinnacle of the whole tournament....

Nelson Mandela showing up sent chills down my spine, great moment (Y)

LET'S DO THIS!

I cannot see past a Spain win tonight, but it'd be nice if the Dutch won. To be honest, this is the ideal final for me...two sides fighting for their first trophy, and two sides that I like and enjoy watching. Hopefully it's a good game.

If Spain win, I win £32 in a sweepstake at work. So, yeah, go Spain!!!

Also, really pleased Garmany won the 3rd Play-off. It was a cracking game and Uruguay deserve a lot of credit for their role in it, but I was cheering Germany on all the way. They've played some cracking football, and Ozil, Khedira and Muller have been revelations, along with Schweinsteiger. If they progress well in the next couple of years, along with some of the youngsters in the rest of their squad, they are gonna be a huge threat for the Euro's in 2 years and the next world cup.

I hope Efan Ekoku said that the Spanish team weren't maybe getting along because none of them were singing along to the national anthem again. We'll ignore the fact Spain's anthem doesn't have any words because that would be using knowledge.

I'm not really expecting much from the final to be honest. One goal probably. Lots of comments on how Xavi makes a lot of passes. Probably a lot of running and falling over from Pedro. Just lots of running from Kuyt. And just in general a lot of Spanish passing while they starve their opponents of the ball.

I said beforehand it'd be 1-0, just didn't specify who to. Just before kickoff I changed that you 1-0 to Spain.

Edited by IAceI