World Cup 2010 Thread

So, we're about half an hour into the match and so far I know that "Spain are very good at holding onto the ball", and also listened to about 100 queries from Lawro on offsides. There's obviously still quite a lot to come from these two teams and I'll be shocked if we didn't see a goal at some point, but if this was Paraguay, New Zealand, Slovenia etc. we wouldn't be hearing anything else except how boring the match is.

Come on Germany, you can do a bit more than this. There just being stifled in the middle of the park all the time, but no ones really had any clear cut chances so it's still pretty level pegging.

Ooh. Now there was contact there, I think it may have been out the box initially but he's been caught in the back of the legs. I'm guessing he wasn't able to stay on his feet.

On first instinct I thought he'd gone down looking for a penalty.

Looking at replays I'd say a foul just outside the area.

So it shows how useful replays can be at the very least. But that was a foul.

Well this has been horrendously boring. Germany just keeps getting stifled in the midfield, and Spain gets nothing done in front of goal. After 45 though, I expect the Spanish to get their goal in the second half.

And I don't think there was enough contact on Ozil. There was contact, but it wasn't a mugging by any stretch of the imagination. It was the same sort of contact seen on the other end.

I never thought I'd say this, but I fucking love Lawro.

Mowbray: "Capdevilla the odd one out in the Spanish team in that he doesn't play for Real Madrid or Barcelona..."

Lawro: "Or in that he's not very good..."

<3

Edited by Farmer Reil

I'm going to be in the odd position of not giving a flying shit about either team in the final at this rate. If I don't go somewhere to watch it, I can really see myself being distracted and watching something else.

But ah well, still, Pedro.. you've played well; but like the rest of them you are a greedy cunt going for personal glory.

Why in the blue fuck would you put an unfit off form Torres on for DAVID VILLA one of the best strikers on the planet?