World Cup 2010 Thread

Ahahaha, ITV have cheered me up. Not often I can say that. Gareth Southgate making Andy Townsend look like a complete bellend = AWESOME moment.

So Andy's getting all these angles shown on the screen, all of which show van Persie is offside, and Andy's going "as you can see here, it's a good decision, he's onside, brilliant decision" etc etc. Southgate's just like "Well, actuallly... your own evidence proves that you're a complete fucking idiot and don't even know the rules". So Townsend's like "well yeah, but there's no way the linesman can call that from 20 yards away".

Andy Townsend, world class clueless shit-talking putz, finally exposed by his own colleague who's not exactly a genius himself.

Edit: Not that I'm saying the decision was harsh or unfair (although in literal terms it obviously was), just that pointing out how much of a prick Andy Townsend is by over-analysing it and then completely contradicting what his overanalysis is telling him.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Hope, but not enough Forlans :(

von Bommel gets booked... for handball. Oh well, I'll take it. ¬_¬

Edit: Wait, von Bommel gets booked for handball... and it's a DUTCH free kick?!

Will you stop calling the Dutch "von"

Also .. :crying: tears of joy

Sorry, I forgot you've never spelled a single English word wrong. Duly edited. :)

I more than likely have done, but not in every single post :P

Besides, "von" is German :angry:

Where was Jim Beglin at? It was odd listening to Tyldsley/Drury (I still can't tell them apart!) talk to themselves for 90 minutes.

Tyldesley statesd pre match that he fell in just before the match.

I'm so glad I went to the bookies at half time to put money on Sneijder to get the next goal, €42.50 from a fiver bet, delighted. It was a nervous wait for that replay to make sure Van Persie didn't touch it.

Sorry, I forgot you've never spelled a single English word wrong. Duly edited. :)

I more than likely have done, but not in every single post :P

Where was Jim Beglin at? It was odd listening to Tyldsley/Drury (I still can't tell them apart!) talk to themselves for 90 minutes.

Tyldesley statesd pre match that he fell in just before the match.

<_<

In fairness, Eddie is awesome so he'd even be excused if he misspelt in EVERY post :D

The Injun one is awesome. The other one not so much.

I refuse to predict anything more in this world cup! I don't think it likes me.

Spain to reach the Final please. Either them or Holland winning the WC for the first time has to be a bajillion times better (from a neutral's perspective) than Germany winning a fourth.

I don't know why and I enjoy their football, but something about Spain is ridiculously unlikeable. I hope Germany absolutely destroy them and I have no idea what's led me to think this way :/

I mean, Spain are my only remaining chance of winning some actual money and I still want them gone.

• Like 2

Oh I'd prefer Spain to lose in the final. But I'd also just generally be happier if Brazil/Germany/Argentina/Italy gave up for a couple of decades and let some other countries show up on the WC Winners list.

While it'd be great to see Holland or Spain win for the first time, the way Germany have played and the the fact that they had the balls to do it with youngsters, deserves to be rewarded. Therefore I'm pulling for them tonight and hopefully for the final. Shweinsteiger deserves player of the tournament too.

They've also been fairly fortunate to have come up against an England side with a defence playing like 11 year olds, and an Argentina playing a revolutionary 4-1-5 formation.

Will be interesting to see how they cope against a team with a defence and midfield.

I don't really think it was due to bravery that Germany played so many youngsters. It was really just down to a lack of any better option.

I know they had little other choice to play them, but to play in the style they did with so many youngsters. Taking it to and destroying experienced, good teams like England and Argentina is very gutsy. It could've backfired majorly on them.