World Cup 2010 Thread

*Ball hits post*

Me: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

*Villa gets ball, scores*

Me: "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!"

Good result. Xabi's penalty should have stood, there were barely three guys 'encroaching' for it yet there were five or six in the paraguayan penalty, but thats okay? Pfft. Couple of chances afterwards that could have made it two or three nil, but I'll take the win anyway. What a goal, bounces off three fucking posts and makes me panic, but little Villa is still a hero. Shame Torres can't wake up, and I can't see any reason why Fabregas wouldn't start, but eh. Spain beat Germany in the Euros 2008, so heres hoping they can do it here again.

I fancy Uruguay to take down Holland, I don't think the Dutch have been playing particularly impressive, while Forlan has been running pretty much every game so far for Uruguay, but it'll be interesting to see how the loss of Suarez plays out for them.

The penalty incident is a tricky one, because the ref was right to make him retake it but the rule is so inconsistent it was silly to enforce it. It wouldn't have looked half as bad if there wasn't another penalty already taken.

...all those players were born in England.

So were the majority of the players Reilly listed. Well, Germany, not England obviously.

This is more to the point .... and also, being born in a country doesn't change your DNA <_<

Because the US team had soooooo many players of native, indigenous descent and not from English/Irish/German/Polish/Italian/Whatever stock :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: You're such a moron.

I'm not the one making a stink, it's the English in this thread bitching/joking about the German squad ... all I did was point out that the English had some of their very own.

It isn't our fault that Native Americans are about as good at sports as Jewish people :shifty: but then again, I'm not the one in here making comments about another team for it.

So were the majority of the players Reilly listed. Well, Germany, not England obviously.

This is more to the point .... and also, being born in a country doesn't change your DNA <_<

Because the US team had soooooo many players of native, indigenous descent and not from English/Irish/German/Polish/Italian/Whatever stock :rolleyes:

I'm not the one making a stink, it's the English in this thread bitching/joking about the German squad ... all I did was point out that the English had some of their very own.

It isn't our fault that Native Americans are about as good at sports as Jewish people :shifty: but then again, I'm not the one in here making comments about another team for it.

Nobody, English or otherwise, was bitching about anything, you tedious blert.

• Like 6

I couldn't have said it any better with using the word "fuckwit".

Nobody is bitching about the German team, we are just passing comment that the German team has plenty of people who have other nationalities in their heritage.

Why don't you take your head out of your own arse and realise that we make "rubbish" jokes just like you attempt to, you ignorant fuckwit.... shit i used it.

I couldn't have said it any better with using the word "fuckwit".

Nobody is bitching about the German team, we are just passing comment that the German team has plenty of people who have other nationalities in their heritage.

Why don't you take your head out of your own arse and realise that we make "rubbish" jokes just like you attempt to, you ignorant fuckwit.... shit i used it.

I've not read this in full (for fear of rotting my brain) but if this is down to you singling out Germany I think it is a little unfair. Regardless of their parentage, most of Germany's players were born in Germany. None of you are saying (and you shouldn't) that Emile Heskey or Theo Walcott or whoever isn't English so you shouldn't be saying the same about Mezut Ozil or Sami Khedira.

So when you saw Dan flame someone, did you guys skip over the part where he got suspended for it and just assume that it's open season now?

Seriously. Give it a fucking break.

I made a comment about the German team's nationalities - as a joke after we got beat. Some people take this message board a little too serious.

And yeah - I've been keeping it quiet but I've been rooting for the Germans most of this tournament (aside from the England match obviously) - the way they play football is ridiculously good. What I would give for a Mesut Ozil at England and/or Sunderland. Would be fabulous to watch.

I've been trying hard not to root for them because it just feels dirty after they knocked us out, but I rooted for them four years ago and I can't really kid myself, I do want them to win it. I wonder how many English people actually hate the Germans and how many just feel like they should because of a war that was well over before the majority of us were even born.

Edited by Pesci

I think it's more that the English education system means that the only two things we learn about Germany is WW2 in History and a bit of the language in German clases.

So end up with a HUGE gap in our historical knowledge and come to the conclusion that Germany isn't all Nazis and whatnot anymore... but probably close <_<

• Like 1

I love Germany, my uncle lives there and they have a beer/coke mix called Bastard. Or I thought they did. A Google search isn't bringing it up :(

EDIT: Ahahaha, even better. They have an energy drink called "Black Bastard". That's fucking epic.

Edited by Pesci

I think it's more that the English education system means that the only two things we learn about Germany is WW2 in History and a bit of the language in German clases.

So end up with a HUGE gap in our historical knowledge and come to the conclusion that Germany isn't all Nazis and whatnot anymore... but probably close <_<

They do have a lot of beautiful Aryan maidens though (Y)