World Cup 2010 Thread

And, whilst I am glad that Africa has one last hope, unfortunately I will also have to cheer for it being utterly demolished by the USA.

And re: HTTK and Algeria, yeah, they really turned into massive pricks in the last ten minutes there. Yahia's red card really made me smirk because he had this shit-eating grin when he got the yellow card for stomping on... whomever it was he stomped on.

lol at one of USA, Ghana, Uruguay and South Korea getting to the semis. To be fair, both of those last 16 matches and the quarter final look pretty tastey. Throw in Argentina vs Mexico and England vs Germany which isn't fucking ideal at all, but still pretty exciting emotionally, and that's already four second round matches I can't wait to see. Then HOPEFULLY we get Spain vs Portugal and Brazil vs Chile and I'll be extremely satisfied with the way the group stages have turned out ignoring my bias as an England fan.

Credit to the USA topping the group. I get quite annoyed by Americans normally but I like the footie team because of their [cliche]never say die attitude[/cliche]. Did well to come back from 2-0 down against Slovenia and showed how much they wanted to progress by never giving up hope against Algeria despite nothing going their way for 92 minutes... that has to be admired. Plus I love Donovan (really hope he comes back to the Prem next season) and Dempsey and most importantly, Onyewu's beard.

Also, Ozil looks like an absolutely awesome player. He's probably impressed me the most so far, though he'd be second if Alexis Sanchez had any kind of end product.

Edited by Pesci

You're forgetting Holland/Italy, because Paraguay is topping the group at the moment.

If England lose, which I really see happening, it's their own fucking fault. One of the easiest groups and England manages to barely place second.

Ghana/USA, interesting match-up. Team USA is having a GREAT day. I can see Ghana beating USA though, which would be great for the tournament.

Yeah, USA is going to have to work to beat Ghana, and Ghana is really a team that I wouldn't mind us losing to because of the implications of the only African team left advancing (also because I love Prince Nana). Should be a good game, we mostly played much better today than I felt we did against Slovenia (second half heroics aside) or England.