World Cup 2010 Thread

ESPN guy just said that one of the North Korea team members who lives/plays in Japan (?) charmed his new teammates by showing them a cell phone, which apparently they had never seen before.

ESPN guy just said that one of the North Korea team members who lives/plays in Japan (?) charmed his new teammates by showing them a cell phone, which apparently they had never seen before.

One of the STV commentators just mentioned that the North Korean forward Jong Tae-Se can't be painted with the North Korean stereotype because he drives a silver hummer and idolises Tupac. Seriously.

Yeah I wonder how they are keeping the North Koreans away from modern civilization during the World Cup. Hell, I wonder how they are showing the games. I heard they only show positive parts, but if they lose 4-0 they can hardly act like they won :shifty:

The North Koreans look so happy to be playing Brazil. Plus, they've actually...dare I say it, matched Brazil so far in this game. Everyone who was painting them as a joke and a walkover should really be second guessing themselves right now.

Yeah, North Korea is really playing well. I don't think we can immediately assume that Brazil will completely steamroll them anymore.

Wow... i know it´s a month worth of tournament and other teams have started strong and got eliminated in the KO rounds... but as it seems right now germany might actualy take this title home this year.

Yes, Germany, please take the role as "attacking force that will win the cup", us Dutchies always fail after being hyped up. I think Australia was just really shit, sorry dude. Germany always has a chance anyway, great mentality.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Austrailia were pretty shite, but Germany were brilliant also. Mesut Özil looks like an incredible prospect and if he continues like playing like that he won't be at Bremen for much longer.

Austrailia were pretty shite, but Germany were brilliant also. Mesut Özil looks like an incredible prospect and if he continues like playing like that he won't be at Bremen for much longer.

Yes, they tried to get him to sign a new contract, but just like with schalke he seems to be very greedy... if he plays a great world cup he´ll be soled for a larg amount of money before the season starts. It´s ok, we already got replacements that will be able to fill his role... and who ever buys him will feel the bremen curse. Most of our big players seem to be great in Bremen only.

0-0 Half-time. Crazy.

North Korea really remind me of Greece at Euro 2004, throwing themselves infront of everything, chasing everything down and countering quickly

After watching the Portugal/Ivory Coast game, this group could be between 4 teams and not the 3 everyone predicted.

Edited by Version Dan

I'm kicking myself for not putting money on Brazil 1 - 0 North Korea before kick off.

The odds were stupidly good... I'm sure it was about 8-1 considering everyone was sticking money on a game with loads of goals :/

EDIT: OR sticking money on Deutschland when they were 16-1

I suck at this betting malarky :/

Edited by The General