World Cup 2010 Thread

Wow... that certainly looked harder to miss than to score... ¬_¬

In other news, I think a Frenchman once killed this ref's entire family and left him dying in an alleyway. That's the only explanation for some of these decisions.

EDIT: THE GOALKEEPER JUST CARRIED THE BALL OVER THE LINE! That's the most blatant corner in forever! Fuck's sake.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Loved Hansen talking to Adebayor like that. I'm going for France in this one, via a moment of individual magic from Gourcuff or Ribery. 1-0.

Really don't like those vuvuzelas. They were blaring them during the national anthems in this match, which is just disrespectful, and when SA scored that brilliant goal earlier, you could just hear buzzing not cheering. I know it's a bit silly to be irritated by them, but they're going to be loud and distracting in all 64 games it seems. They didn't mar a great opening game earlier though. Really enjoyed the second half, and was willing SA to win by the end, even though I originally favoured Mexico purely on the basis that their fans didn't blow horns all match.

What puzzles me is how you the people who use them can enjoy the game while blowing a stupid horn for 90 minutes. I mean it'd be fun for like 5 minutes, but then it'd be lame.

Edited by The Cool One

"You can see from the shape of the ball it was meant for Govou.."

What the fuck? I'm pretty sure the ball would be the same shape regardless of who it was going to ¬_¬

I think by 'ball' he meant pass.Like when you say

What a ball!'

You're not congratulating Adidas for their workmanship.

That was dull as fuck BTW.

They have defenders called Victorino and Fucile (although Resistance isn't playing yet :(), Forlan up front, they play in San Marino's colours and Arvelo Rios looks like Gran Akuma. How can you not like Uruguay? ¬_¬

Diego! :(

Edited by Farmer Reil

Uh oh. Even if his first yellow wasn't so shockingly unjustified, that probably would've deserved a red...

Edit: Oh, Govou was still on the pitch? Could've fooled me. ¬_¬

Lots of players seem to be slipping/falling over/tripping in this game. And Heskey's not even playing.

Edited by Farmer Reil