Madden 11

sahyder1

Madden 11  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Getting the game?

I know what they are for, just not why I don't always have the option to pass. Does something in the rules of the game dictate that I HAVE to run with the ball rather than pass on certain plays? Or is the virtual coach in Madden 11 making that choice for me? Is it a choice I can make?

I love how basically all of the additions this year are being shat on by fans.

The gameflow feature is stupid, it's essentially forcing beginner mode on people. I was the Jets and it was 3rd and 11 and Gameflow told me to run a draw, when it was the most clear cut passing situation ever. The new kicking, is overly simplified and looks like we've suddenly lost the use of analogue sticks. I mean it's not as big a deal as Tiger Woods' analogue swing control, but it worked, power meters suck.

Stratergy pad is the worst addition to Madden in a long time. Who the hell thought making the adjustments process longer is idiotic.

I got smached after 4 yards in case you were wondering. Draws never work in Madden becasue the MLB is always there to stop you, even if you break through the D-line.

I've so far found the blocking to be a lot better, and have had success with a couple of draw plays on the demo.

Also, I think a lot of you are shitting on gameflow when it's not really designed for you. I've enjoyed it so far, although the coach is going to get very annoying very quickly if they haven't recorded many lines for him. Hopefully, using the gameplan system effectively will improve the coach's calls.

While I don't agree with it, Ian Cummings has explained the decision to bring in the stratpad, and has confirmed that the original controls will be patched in, probably by week 1 of the season.

I got smached after 4 yards in case you were wondering. Draws never work in Madden becasue the MLB is always there to stop you, even if you break through the D-line.

I've so far found the blocking to be a lot better, and have had success with a couple of draw plays on the demo.

Also, I think a lot of you are shitting on gameflow when it's not really designed for you. I've enjoyed it so far, although the coach is going to get very annoying very quickly if they haven't recorded many lines for him. Hopefully, using the gameplan system effectively will improve the coach's calls.

While I don't agree with it, Ian Cummings has explained the decision to bring in the stratpad, and has confirmed that the original controls will be patched in, probably by week 1 of the season.

Exactly. Its designed for American Football and/or MADDEN nOObs like me. And it's helped me a lot. Helped me to the point where I occasionally ignore it and do something entirely different. And since I fully intend to buy the game, from their point of view: WIN

I've not gone near the Stratpad. How important can it be? >_>

I don't mind the new method of calling audibles, because I like that it gives you more choice of plays. Hot routes and O-Line shifts are annoying though beacuse the button presses are imprinted in my head and I just can't get them fast enough.

I don't mind the new method of calling audibles, because I like that it gives you more choice of plays. Hot routes and O-Line shifts are annoying though beacuse the button presses are imprinted in my head and I just can't get them fast enough.

As counter-intuitive as it may be, I think this MAY be something that plays out slightly different in the actual retail version. I think they're more about giving you a taste of something new to see what the response to it is.

Played the demo over the past couple of days and I got to say I like the new blocking system they put in where you could actually RUN the ball. The gameflow could be good if you really sat down and set it up right, but for right now its basically like going to Madden mode but actually getting the played called instead of picking one of the 3 plays. Hopefully the old controls are out when the game is cuz the new D-Pad setup takes waaaay too long for you to do anything.

Well I suck on the Pro difficulty setting. Defending is still fine, just when attacking the CPU seems to intercept every single pass. Still, I'll keep buggering on.