Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Announced!

zero

Well, I've heard there are still people yet to be announced, so it's still possible.

DLC or otherwise, though, MvC needs 100% more Squirell Girl.

Speaking of Spidey and Venom, why isn't Carnage in this game?

Because he's a dreadfully overrated '90s fad character? I want only awesomely ridiculous Spider-Man villains in this game. Bring on Typeface and his letter-weapon focused moveset!

Because he's a dreadfully overrated '90s fad character?

So is Cable.

Because he's a dreadfully overrated '90s fad character?

So is Cable.

Well, then, we have him to fill that quota.

Everyone makes mistakes.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm enjoying it and just trying to get the controls to a T. Boss fight is tough..not sure what to do. The characters are pretty unique and you actually have to unlock some characters as well as a ton of art/videos/etc... if you're into that.

Apparently if you're in Houston and you pre-ordered the collector's edition you may have to wait a while. A couple UPS guys across here decided to cut a slit in the box large enough to pull the collector's editions out and steal them so when they arrived at the stores, many were missing. The Gamestop guy was telling me that he didn't even notice the slit in the box until he opened it and saw them missing. Sad, aye? Maybe a good thing I wasn't able to get the collectors.

So anyone have opinions on this? EB is offering 50 percent increased trade-credit when it's towards this game so I am seriously considering it.

I bought it this morning, here are my thoughts...

There IS a slight lack of fighting options. Arcade mode, Mission mode (basically like combo training) and online mode. Online mode has lobbies, ranked match, quick match, all the basics. So there isn't a lot of innovation there.

That being said, it's probably the only drawback I can think of for this game, because it's everything we've come to know and love from the Capcom vs Whatever series. Frantic combat, huge combos, intense gameplay. It's extremely fun, and honestly, I think that the biggest draw for this game is playing online, which means the slight lack of fighting modes is ok.

So if you're a fighting game fan (and since you're considering this, I assume you are), I totally recommend it. It's awesome, a worthy addition to the MVC series, and is just everything right with fighting games. Plus, hearing some of the stuff Deadpool says should be worth the price of the game alone.