American Slang

YI

First listen and I was pretty disappointed but it didn't take long before I pretty much love every single song on the album. Gonna have to buy it when it comes out so I can appreciate it fully but I love Old Haunts, Boxer, American Slang, When We Were Young and Spirit of Jazz. Oh and Diamond Street Choir and Queen of Lower Chelsea. It's pretty much just 3 songs I haven't fully grown to love yet but still, I really like this album. I just wish they'd fuck off the constant Am-C-G-F progressions so that songs sound more distinctive from one another.

First listen and I was pretty disappointed but it didn't take long before I pretty much love every single song on the album. Gonna have to buy it when it comes out so I can appreciate it fully but I love Old Haunts, Boxer, American Slang, When We Were Young and Spirit of Jazz. Oh and Diamond Street Choir and Queen of Lower Chelsea. It's pretty much just 3 songs I haven't fully grown to love yet but still, I really like this album. I just wish they'd fuck off the constant Am-C-G-F progressions so that songs sound more distinctive from one another.

Just like the last album, I eventually fell in love with this album. It will eventually preoccupy my ears for the next couple months. Can't wait to purchase the album and go to the concert this summer!

"The Spirit Of Jazz" and "The Queen Of Lower Chelsea" are epic. The tail end of the album is good, but at the same time, I think I prefer pretty much all their other stuff to it. :/ Track 2 is still fucking awful. A fine album though.

As for the C-G-Am-F thing...they use it a fair bit, but it doesn't get into the "so often it's annoying" territory, like the last Sum 41 album did (they honestly took the fucking piss), and they change things up a bit.

Edited by YI