4. The Diamond Church Street Choir

5. The Queen of Lower Chelsea

6. Orphans

7. Boxer

8. Old Haunts

9. spiritofjazz.jpg

10. We Did It When We Were Young

NEW SONG - http://www.myspace.com/thegaslightanthem

Really not sure on the song. :( I mean it's far, far from bad...but after 3-listens it's right there with "The Backseat". :( Okay, shit it, this has grown on me a canny bit haha.

Edited by YI
  • Like 1

...wait...what?!!?! I was going to write a long post...but..."wait...what!?!?!" probably sums thing up better.

I really like this now actually...the riff does remind me so much of Rooney though...the "oooh's" in the background make the song.

Really hope the album doesn't degenerate into mid-tempo stadium rock bollocks though. The fact this is the opener has me a little worried.

Oh and the U2/Angels & Airwaves/Dredg guitar effect...not sold on it. :shifty:

Edited by YI

Yeah, given the fact I can't comprehend how this can even be compared to anything on "Sink Or Swim". I just can't draw a comparison at all besides the fact it's clearly the same singer. Stylistically they're a good few strides away.

Edited by YI
  • Like 1

Perfectly fine song. I doubt it turns into stadium rock bollocks and it is super enjoyable.

And I wouldn't say it's a Sink or Swim song with higher production, but it is a bit similar in sound to "Drive", albeit much slower and with a clear hook that isn't running at 50 miles per hour.

Edited by ROC

I just noticed this thread after talking about it in the "what you are listening to" thread. I love this band, I was tempted to see them in Jersey last summer, I might have to go this summer. I do like the new single, it's different but I still like it! Can't wait for the new album!

• 5 weeks later...

So has anybody give the album a listen since it leaked? The Diamond Church Street Choir, Boxer and The Spirit of Jazz are my favourites from the album so far, although I find the whole album to be a very good listen. Wonderful lyrics as always.