Major League Baseball 2010

Toe

I really don't see why they should have to act "like they've been there before" (I find that to be a ridiculous statement in general) because at the end of the day, they're just having fun and I just don't see the benefits in taking it away other than MAYBE preventing an injury that happens 1 in every 1000 times. It's bad enough that the season seems to go on forever but then you start taking away some of the things that allow them to have fun? I just don't see why it's such a big deal.

You have to keep in perspective it is a game winning hit. It should be celebrated differently from a hit in the 2nd inning. Hockey players go fist bumping their entire team after EVERY goal. Soccer players celebrate EVERY goal. Football players celebrate every touchdown.

If every HR or run was being celebrated by the entire team being at home plate like they do in softball I'd be with you but game winning hits should be celebrated.

It's the same with pitchers. I don't have a problem with K-Rod's antics after a he closes a game but I do have a problem with Jobs fist pumping or letting out a roar after every strike out he gets.

With Jose Bautista just destroying the ball this season, what do you think the trade market will be for his services? Do you think the Jays will want to sign him long term instead of moving him?

With Jose Bautista just destroying the ball this season, what do you think the trade market will be for his services? Do you think the Jays will want to sign him long term instead of moving him?

They are not moving him. I don't think they'll necessary sign him to an extension next year. He's under control until next year right at which point they'll probably let him walk and get the draft picks back. Yes, he's having a great year but I wouldn't hold my breath counting on him to repeat this.

CUBS LEE BLOCKS POTENTIAL TRADE TO ANGELS

Houston, TX (Sports Network) - Cubs first baseman Derrek Lee has rejected a potential trade to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim by invoking his 10-and-5 rights.

Major league players who have played for at least 10 years and the last five with their current team have the right to veto a proposed trade.

Lee, who has a full no-trade clause in his contract, is due just under $5 million for the remainder of the season and indicated he wanted to finish the year with the Cubs. He will be a free agent at the end of the season.

The Halos have been searching for a power bat since losing first baseman Kendry Morales for the season two months ago. He broke his left leg in a celebration at home plate following a game-ending grand slam against Seattle on May 29.

Lee entered Wednesday's action hitting .248 with 11 home runs and 44 runs batted in.

From TSN.ca - http://tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=328777

Nobody said it wasn't a freak occurrence. The point is that it's EASILY AVOIDED. Once these guys learn how to act like they've been there before and stop bouncing around like hypercaffeinated 5-year-olds, they'll be safer and happier in the long run.

These things have always been retarded, and I'm not at all sorry for the idiots who get themselves injured doing them. I'm not advocating banning anything, either, but I have no problem applauding managers who are trying to remind guys to keep Game 51 of 162 in its proper perspective.

Walk off grandslams happen with the frequency of perfect games. There have only been around 25 or so in MLB history. Couple that with the fact that it was his first career grandslam, and i'd lose respect for any coach who didn't let that be celebrated, no matter how far into the season it was

Instead of jumping on home plate, players will now be required to get on all fours and slowly crawl across the plate to prevent injury.

I believe Matt Kemp did something similar a few days after Morales got hurt. Smart man.

Nevermind..misread box score

• Like 1

Yea...just went back abd changed it...I totally misread the box score...