Major League Baseball 2010

Toe

yeah, a no-hitter, bases loaded, guy up in the bullpen. Don't see combination too often. Scherzer's pitch count was way too high. The first hit he gives up is a grand slam making it 4-0 Tampa. Garza still has a no-hitter going though.

About time one of the Rays pitchers tossed a no-hitter. He was really close to a perfect game too, only one walk.

Yeah, it's been a long time since 1998 <_<

I was talking about their currently trio of Price, Garza, and Shields. One of them was due man! Especially in a year where Dallas Braden can pitch a perfect game.

Also, the Royals are jobbing to the Twins right now. 19-1.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/13671823/marlins-coghlan-tears-meniscus-while-pieing-teammate?tag=headlines;other

LOL. What the hell is it with baseball players getting hurt doing stupid things? Kendry Morales blew out his knee jumping on the plate, this guy tore up his knee hitting someone with a pie in the face. AJ Burnett cut both of his hands shoving a door, Mat Latos got put on the DL trying to stifle a sneeze. FFS, these guys are supposed to be world class athletes.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/13671823/marlins-coghlan-tears-meniscus-while-pieing-teammate?tag=headlines;other

LOL. What the hell is it with baseball players getting hurt doing stupid things? Kendry Morales blew out his knee jumping on the plate, this guy tore up his knee hitting someone with a pie in the face. AJ Burnett cut both of his hands shoving a door, Mat Latos got put on the DL trying to stifle a sneeze. FFS, these guys are supposed to be world class athletes.

Translation: they need to stop doing all this stupid shit. Jumping on the plate is fine if you just won a big game in September, but these guys treat every game like it's a Game 7, and pay for it. Game 48 of 162, nobody gives a shit.

And I won't be surprised to see more young pitchers like Latos pick up weird "injuries" as a good excuse for the team to put them on the DL and slow down their innings. The Padres are still threatening to shut him down when he hits 170 innings, whether they're leading the division or not.

I have no problem with teams celebrating a walk off or even one when one guy has a really big game but the pie in the face thing is happening way too much now.

Even as an Angel fan, you have no problem with star first basemen breaking their legs celebrating Game 51 of 162, forcing the team to scramble all season to try and replace him before giving up and settling for a pitcher instead?

I have no problem with teams celebrating a walk off or even one when one guy has a really big game but the pie in the face thing is happening way too much now.

Even as an Angel fan, you have no problem with star first basemen breaking their legs celebrating Game 51 of 162, forcing the team to scramble all season to try and replace him before giving up and settling for a pitcher instead?

Injuries happen. He wasn't out driving drunk or partying late the night before a game. He got hurt celebrating a win. Injuries happen. Baseball players have hurt themselves sneezing, tying their shoelaces, sitting on a bus. Freak injuries happen. It wasn't Morales' fault. I don't form my opinions just based on how it hurts my team. Does it suck that Morales got hurt? Yes. But like I said....injuries happen.

Strasburg hurt himself warming up for the game today. Should we institute a ban against warm ups now?

Street struck in pelvic area by line drive in BP

By PAT GRAHAM, AP Sports Writer

DENVER (AP)—Colorado Rockies closer Huston Street was hit in the right pelvic area by a line drive in batting practice and taken off the field in an ambulance.

Street stayed down on the ground in the right field corner for quite some time, teammates gathering around him as they waited for the ambulance to arrive.

Rockies trainer Keith Dugger said that Street passed out two or three times and had ringing in his ears after being hit by a line drive off the bat of Ian Stewart. Street also complained of pain down his right leg and stomach discomfort.

Street was being taken to a local emergency room for evaluation.

The reliever missed the first 69 games of the season as he recovered from an inflamed right shoulder. He has six saves this season.

Another freak injury to a baseball player. What are the odds of getting hit in the nuts by a line drive when you're out in the RF corner? I'm wondering if he also gets diagnosed with a "testicular contusion".

Edited by naiwf

Injuries happen. He wasn't out driving drunk or partying late the night before a game. He got hurt celebrating a win. Injuries happen. Baseball players have hurt themselves sneezing, tying their shoelaces, sitting on a bus. Freak injuries happen. It wasn't Morales' fault. I don't form my opinions just based on how it hurts my team. Does it suck that Morales got hurt? Yes. But like I said....injuries happen.

Strasburg hurt himself warming up for the game today. Should we institute a ban against warm ups now?

Warming up's part of the game. A rugby scrum at home plate, last time I checked, is not. Leaping in the air and stomping on home plate doesn't tack on an extra run.

Players can line up and give each other high fives, great, that's celebrating. Anything more than that, at least in May or July? You'd think these guys would know how to act like they've ever won a game before.

Any comments that you make the remainder of this season about how the Angels are tanking will be met by the video of Morales leaping on the plate, because that's the exact moment that the whole thing went off the rails.

DENVER (AP)—Colorado Rockies closer Huston Street was hit in the right pelvic area by a line drive in batting practice and taken off the field in an ambulance.

Street stayed down on the ground in the right field corner for quite some time, teammates gathering around him as they waited for the ambulance to arrive.

Rockies trainer Keith Dugger said that Street passed out two or three times and had ringing in his ears after being hit by a line drive off the bat of Ian Stewart. Street also complained of pain down his right leg and stomach discomfort.

The reliever missed the first 69 games of the season as he recovered from an inflamed right shoulder. He has six saves this season.

Another freak injury to a baseball player. What are the odds of getting hit in the nuts by a line drive when you're out in the RF corner? I'm wondering if he also gets diagnosed with a "testicular contusion".

See, sahyder? THAT'S an injury that's no one's fault. THAT qualifies as "shit happens." Morales caused his own, same as Coghlan did with the even-more-stupid shaving-cream pie incident. I'm not one to wish injury on anyone, but I'm also not one to pussyfoot around the fact that guys sometimes have to pay for being idiots.

I'm with Starr on this one. I could understand getting injured in a scrum if someone hits a walk off in the ALCS/NLCS or something like that. But winning a game in your final at bat in the middle of May doesn't really strike me as something that needs to be celebrated by throwing your helmet 20 feet in the air, getting a running start and then doing a TO style stomp on the star/home plate. Bill Gramatica blowing out his ACL after giving his team a 3-0 lead in the 1st half of a meaningless regular season game is just slightly less pointless than all of these retarded celebrations for winning a game before September.

Warming up's part of the game. A rugby scrum at home plate, last time I checked, is not. Leaping in the air and stomping on home plate doesn't tack on an extra run.

Players can line up and give each other high fives, great, that's celebrating. Anything more than that, at least in May or July? You'd think these guys would know how to act like they've ever won a game before.

Any comments that you make the remainder of this season about how the Angels are tanking will be met by the video of Morales leaping on the plate, because that's the exact moment that the whole thing went off the rails.

See, sahyder? THAT'S an injury that's no one's fault. THAT qualifies as "shit happens." Morales caused his own, same as Coghlan did with the even-more-stupid shaving-cream pie incident. I'm not one to wish injury on anyone, but I'm also not one to pussyfoot around the fact that guys sometimes have to pay for being idiots.

MLB players have been celebrating walkoff wins for a long time. There have probably been a hundred such celebrations this year. One guy got hurt. There are thousands and thousands of guys who have done that over the years. One guy got hurt. It's a freak injury. Not everything has to be serious all the time. This isn't golf. I have no problem with them celebrating a walk off Grand Slam. It was a big win for the team at the time. Had they lost they would've dropped to 23-28. That win was one of those those moments that is supposed to be the turnaround point in a season. Jered Weaver pitched a solid game against Felix Hernandez. Like I said, I have no problem with them celebrating it. They are 28-23 (coming into tonight) since the injury. I would hardly call that tanking. Texas has just been on a hot streak. Angels were due a bad year but anyone counting out the Angels with over 2 months left in the season is stupid. There were troubling signs right from the get go. The Matsui signing sucked. I complained about that at the time. I wanted Vlad back. No real Angels fan is using the Morales injury as an excuse. No real Angels fan is counting the team out right now.

Makes sense, since I'm not an Angels fan. I thought they'd win the division this year, but mostly just by default. :D

My point still stands. They'd be a little better equipped to match Texas's hot streak if Morales was in his customary spot. Still, better his injury than Coghlan's.

I love how nobody ever criticized acts such as the pie in the face or home plate celebration on a walkoff until somebody got hurt. Where were you the past 10 years when all of this was going on? If you had that big of a problem with it, surely it should've been brought up before an injury? Look, it sucks that Morales got hurt but quit acting like it wasn't a freak occurrence (and yes, it was a freak injury because it happened doing something hundreds of people had done before without getting hurt). Freak things happen sometimes but that doesn't mean you ban everything associated with what caused it because that's just silly because somebody else is going to get a freak injury doing something else and eventually you'll ban everything that makes the game fun (and since it's such a long season, the player really need the fun).

Nobody said it wasn't a freak occurrence. The point is that it's EASILY AVOIDED. Once these guys learn how to act like they've been there before and stop bouncing around like hypercaffeinated 5-year-olds, they'll be safer and happier in the long run.

These things have always been retarded, and I'm not at all sorry for the idiots who get themselves injured doing them. I'm not advocating banning anything, either, but I have no problem applauding managers who are trying to remind guys to keep Game 51 of 162 in its proper perspective.