Major League Baseball 2010

Toe

Hey the D-Backs are preparing to give away Dan Haren to the Yankees. I think it may be time to put baseball on my "I don't give a shit anymore" list with hockey.

If I didn't support Boston, I might be there with you.

I'm kinda surprised you're not there already. <_<

2004 and 2007 gave me some hope

Magglio Ordonez just tore up his ankle and will miss 6-8 weeks. The AL Central is a hot mess.

As the board's lone Mets fan, I believe it is time for me to concede the remainder of this season. if they hadn't gone 13-5 against the AL the deficits in the division and WC race would be even bigger. RA Dickey and Pelfrey remembered who they were and barring a miracle they're not getting Oswalt or Haren so it's time to start focusing on life after Minaya and Manuel.

Magglio Ordonez just tore up his ankle and will miss 6-8 weeks. The AL Central is a hot mess.

As the board's lone Mets fan, I believe it is time for me to concede the remainder of this season. if they hadn't gone 13-5 against the AL the deficits in the division and WC race would be even bigger. RA Dickey and Pelfrey remembered who they were and barring a miracle they're not getting Oswalt or Haren so it's time to start focusing on life after Minaya and Manuel.

What is this.....the 4th time Mets fans have given up on the season? Plenty of baseball left.

What is this.....the 4th time Mets fans have given up on the season? Plenty of baseball left.

We're now in 6th place in the WC and have a losing record against the NL. Maine is done for the year, Perez has pitched 1.1 innings since May 31st, and the back end of the rotation has died.

Takahashi was 6-2 with a 3.13 ERA 6 starts ago. He's now 7-5 with a 4.52 ERA.

Dickey was 6-0 with a 2.33 ERA 5 starts ago. He's pitched well, but is now 6-4 with a 2.73 ERA.

Pelfrey was 10-2 with a 2.71 ERA 5 starts ago. He's now 10-5 and his ERA jumped up over a full run to 4.00. In 19.2 innings he's given up 46 hits, walked 12 and given up 23 runs. He went from a potential All-Star to a guy who can't get you more than 5 innings.

In 16 starts those guys are 1-10 with an ERA over 6. If Niese or Santana falter they'll be under .500 soon.

I also haven't mentioned that there's no pop in the middle of the lineup. The team as presently constituted is not going to be able to outlast all of the other teams ahead of them in the playoff chase. We also don't have any prospects capable of making an Ike Davis style impact on the team.

Wow....Erik Patterson screws up Lester's perfect game in the 6th. It was the first ball the M's had hit into the OF all night. The ball should have been caugt. Lester ends up giving up HR to the next hitter. Lester is absolutely dealing tonight. 10Ks through 5.1 innings.

come on naiwf...I'm a Phillies fan..here in Philly, we're the ultimate defeatists.."Oh..we're 6 games behind..we're done"..but people are still holding out hope we can pull together a WC run..or the Braves completely collapse like the Mets did a few years ago :shifty:

come on naiwf...I'm a Phillies fan..here in Philly, we're the ultimate defeatists.."Oh..we're 6 games behind..we're done"..but people are still holding out hope we can pull together a WC run..or the Braves completely collapse like the Mets did a few years ago :shifty:

You pricks just won a WS the other day and are the most arrogant fans this side of Da Bronx. I hope your team dies :)

• Like 1

Pelfrey was 10-2 with a 2.71 ERA 5 starts ago. He's now 10-5 and his ERA jumped up over a full run to 4.00. In 19.2 innings he's given up 46 hits, walked 12 and given up 23 runs. He went from a potential All-Star to a guy who can't get you more than 5 innings.

Imagine that <_<

Seriously though, where the fuck did that lineup go ? They just vanished.

You pricks just won a WS the other day and are the most arrogant fans this side of Da Bronx. I hope your team dies :)

I dunno about that...White Sox and Dodgers fans are pretty arrogant themselves...

I dunno about that...White Sox and Dodgers fans are pretty arrogant themselves...

I don't live in the Midwest or out on the West coast. I'm stuck here in the middle of Boston/Philly/Yankees fans <_<

The Mets hitters went on vacation during the AS break and it seems that they haven't got the memo that the season started up again.

I have lived in New York, New Orleans, and Philadelphia (just counting the cities with sports teams) and Philadelphia is easily the one with the worst/most fairweather fanbase. The majority of them tend to not know fuck all about their team. The Flyers run to the Cup pissed me off, because I am a Penguins fan yet I could name more players on their team than the majority of \"fans\". Did not stop them from running their mouthes though.