Major League Baseball 2010

Toe

My brother is a Phillies fan, that's about it. I just hope that the Series winds up being something like Tampa & Cinci. Or, really, anything but a Phillies/Yankees series (or any combination of Yankees/NL team or Phillies/AL team).

I'm relatively certain the narrator for The 10th Inning is Keith David, which is pretty freakin' awesome.

I got Part 1 on the DVR, Part 2 taping now. I'll probably watch it this weekend, or when I can keep control of the room with the DVR for four hours.

No, no Phillies fans that I know. But well, 55% of my friends are Boston fans who are like... "it's still baseball season?", 40% Yankees fans, a couple of those who like other teams wherever, and a handful of very very misguided souls (Mets fans)

lol naiwf -_-

I got Part 1 on the DVR, Part 2 taping now. I'll probably watch it this weekend, or when I can keep control of the room with the DVR for four hours.

No, no Phillies fans that I know. But well, 55% of my friends are Boston fans who are like... "it's still baseball season?", 40% Yankees fans, a couple of those who like other teams wherever, and a handful of very very misguided souls (Mets fans)

lol naiwf -_-

I'd rather be a Mets fan than those douchebags who rooted for the Mets in the '80s but are now "diehard, lifelong" Yankees "fans" who can't name two guys on the team aside from Jeter, A-Rod and Mo. They're almost as annoying as my cousin who was a Bulls fan during the Jordan era, then switched to the Lakers for Kobe/Shaq, the Spurs when they were winning every other year, went back to the Lakers for Kobe/Gasol but is now a "diehard" Heat fan for the last few months since Cabron and Bosh signed with them.

At the end of the day being a Mets (and/or Knicks :( ) fan makes one a good Christian since long suffering is a fruit of the Holy Spirit :shifty:

I'd argue that it's more frustrating being an A's fan to an extent :angry:

You guys provide a pipeline of A-list talent to the teams that spend money. The Royals have a waterfall in their outfield. It's not really that close :shifty:

It's kind of like the saying ... "It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" ... only people that have never loved say it. I find it much more frustrating to have fleeting glimpses and continually produce that A-List for everyone else. It's much harder to come to terms with, especially when your club has been able to hang on to players (in the past) long enough to make WS runs and playoff streaks/etc.

Hell, the Royals got extensive renovations to their ballpark and the place looks nice. We still play in the fucking OACC <_<

Will they finally go through with that? I'm curious how diehard Oakland fans react to them going down to San Jose, which if I recall from my time out there is 45 minutes to an hour away. I was talking to a family friend who lives near Palo Alto and he seemed to think that the A's moving out of Oakland would kill the franchise as, in his words, everyone outside of the East Bay are Giants and 49ers fans. I envision it more like New York though, where there's different combinations of fans--Giants & Yankees, Jets & Yankees, Giants & Mets, etc. But maybe as an A's fan you could provide more insight, or maybe our resident Californian (Even though he's from Southern California) could provide some information whether our friend was on the right track or not.

While I'm a distant fan location wise, I'm of the thinking that it'd be a "wash" really. San Jose has shown very solid support for the teams there and I have no doubt that getting a big league baseball club of their own would only increase the number of A's fans down that way.

As for resident fans I think it'll be a mixed bag. I mean, it isn't like this team has tried to get things done in Oakland. They have, and for a long period of time too. If Oakland simply isn't willing to get things done ... it's kind of hard for fans to blame the team/ownership. Sure there will be some dissent and some fans that turn their backs but I think the vast majority are educated on the matter and won't hold the team responsible (as they shouldn't).

I mean it's one thing to move down the highway a bit and quite another to say .... pick your team up out of Cleveland/Houston and move it too a different state.

Personally I'll follow the A's if they stay in California. If they actually pick up, relocate, and re-brand .... I'll probably drop off the bus (as I loved the Oilers and now the Texans, but fucking hate the Titans) I wouldn't hate the new club though, as ownership really can't be blamed in this one.

I was reading this on espn.com

Final day scenarios

If the Giants beat the Padres and Atlanta beats Philadelphia, San Francisco is the NL West champion and the Braves win the wild card.

If the Giants win and the Braves lose, San Diego and Atlanta tie for the wild card. There would be a one-game tiebreaker Monday in Atlanta for the wild card.

If the Padres win and the Braves lose, San Diego wins the NL West and San Francisco gets the wild card. The Braves would be eliminated. The Padres get the division title because they won the season series against the Giants.

If the Padres win and the Braves win, San Diego, San Francisco and Atlanta all finish 91-71. The Giants and Padres would play a one-game tiebreaker for the NL West title Monday night in San Diego. The loser would then go to Atlanta for a one-game playoff for the wild card on Tuesday night (the Braves would host either the Padres or Giants because Atlanta won the season series against both teams).

and all it reminded me of was BASEketball..

Dan Patrick: With the first nine months of the Baseketball postseason out of the way, the playoff picture is starting to emerge.

Kenny Mayne: So, with last night's victory over Boston, next week the Milwaukee Beers must beat Indianapolis in order to advance to Charlotte. That's in an effort to reduce their magic number to three.

Dan Patrick: Right, and then the Beers can advance to the National Eastern Division North to play Tampa.

Kenny Mayne: So, if the Beers beat Detroit and Denver beats Atlanta in the American Southwestern Division East Northern, then Milwaukee goes to the Denslow Cup, unless Baltimore can upset Buffalo and Charlotte ties Toronto, then Oakland would play LA and Pittsburgh in a blind choice round robin. And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned.

Dan Patrick: Right