UFC News and Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Sigh. People are just going to fuck up the more they don't take this seriously.

Poor Jacare only agreed to compete because he couldn't afford not to, he had to pay for his mortgages. 

It's an absolute farce. There's gonna be people who feel pressured to fight like you've pointed out and all it's going to do is just spread the virus and potentially impact upon others. I feel for Jacare because he's probably thought he was in a lose/lose situation. 

• Like 1

Absurd. As much as Jacare should have known better than to risk it, it isn’t like they have all that much choice. 

Twice this week Dana has threatened to strip Stipe Miocic of the Heavyweight Championship, because he’s not willing to train and fight during a pandemic. Whole thing is a shambles.

• Like 1

I don''t mean to offend any of our Americans, but if someone did what Dana is doing in the UK, or any of the other countries who have taken a big hit from COVID-19, or any country with a leader with the slightest bit of a moral compass, I have to think there would be criminal charges brought against them.

Two of his cornermen have also tested positive for COVID-19. 

The UFC’s statement is that Jacare was isolated the entire time since he arrived at the hotel, when Werdum’s IG story shows him hanging out with him and others in a room full of people 😕 There was a chance he had it, and they still put him up in the same hotel as everyone else while running a massive event (and actually the first of three events over 8 days, so there’s meant to be more people arriving at the hotel and that’s going to be at the same venues that Jacare and his team were). 

I have no idea how this will all play out, but man, what a ridiculous fucking joke this is. 

I didn't even realise Greg Hardy was on the card, that somehow manages to make the whole thing even more disgusting.

That said, he has come out to say it was so quiet that he heard Cormier discuss what he should do on commentary and used it to his advantage.

• 2 weeks later...

Did some thinking. Cutting out anyone with a pro-wrestling past, my favorite MMA fighter has to be...

Spoiler