UFC News and Discussion Thread

Why of all people pick a fight with someone that's as bad as Diego Sanchez?

1. Sanchez has been calling him out / bad mouthing him.

2. McGregor is a power puncher. Sanchez is an immobile punching bag. There's only going to be one winner.

In other news, Cody McKenzie (he of the guillotine fame) is fighting in a one night, eight man middleweight tournament, the one that JR and Chael Sonnen are commentating on. Despite fighting at Featherweight in the UFC, he missed the 171lb limit, weighing in 172.4lbs.

So he went and gave blood, came back and made 171. :wacko:

In other news, Cody McKenzie (he of the McKenzietine fame) is fighting in a one night, eight man middleweight tournament, the one that JR and Chael Sonnen are commentating on. Despite fighting at Featherweight in the UFC, he missed the 171lb limit, weighing in 172.4lbs.

Fixed. :shifty:

And damn just how heavy was he? Should've shaved off the beard, that would've cost him a couple of lbs.

Why of all people pick a fight with someone that's as bad as Diego Sanchez?

1. Sanchez has been calling him out / bad mouthing him.

2. McGregor is a power puncher. Sanchez is an immobile punching bag. There's only going to be one winner.

I agree with you, I meant Sanchez has horrible stand up defense in comparison and I don't expect him to last long.

In other news, Cody McKenzie (he of the guillotine fame) is fighting in a one night, eight man middleweight tournament, the one that JR and Chael Sonnen are commentating on. Despite fighting at Featherweight in the UFC, he missed the 171lb limit, weighing in 172.4lbs.

Did he run 6 miles to the blood drive?

The guy hasn't been stopped since 2009 when the doctors called it, he's never actually been knocked out?

And he gets hit in the face more times than the rest of the lightweight division combined.

Yes, but he still hasn't been stopped, so your statement of "he won't last long" doesn't really hold any ground, as of yet, anyway.

Looks like Josh Burkman is back in the UFC and is scheduled to fight Hector Lombard at UFC 182. I always thought he deserved a second chance at the UFC, but I'm sad to see WSOF lose another fighter in less than a week. Especially one of their bigger names.

Gunnar Nelson lost his first fight tonight after getting beaten up by Rick Story. It's kinda disappointing when yet another European prospect gets shown up.

The judges scores were fun, one gave it 50-44 to Story, another gave it 48-47 to Nelson, and the other 49-46 which was actually correct.

Mayhem's been arrested, after a standoff with police at his house for refusing to cooperate and come out when they notified him they have a warrant for his arrest. There are 3 felony charges, including alleged stalking.

Also Mayhem live tweeted it. You can read them all here: http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/10/9/6953317/jason-mayhem-miller-live-tweets-reported-standoff-with-police

It was only a matter of time before this happened again (he's been arrested like twice before since he retired, one time for domestic abuse and the other for breaking into a church of all places), Mayhem is really, really sick, and probably needed some form of help a long time ago.

Yeah, I hope I'm wrong, just that considering he's already been out for a year, he'll be gone for two more and the landscape will be vastly different after. Kennedy and Stann did the bulk of their active duty before they went pro, too, and they could also fight while they served during their leave days. I don't know if South Korea's system allows that. Just think there's a high chance the sport would have passed him by.