UFC News and Discussion Thread

The last round really could've gone either way.

I'm really conflicted on how I feel about McGregor, he's one of the few cocky bastards that I actually like, but at the same time I wouldn't mind seeing him get knocked out just to shut him up.

Romero/Kennedy was an incredible fight. I can't see how the stool thing made much of a difference, although I think Big John should have been a bit more on the ball. Really didn't like Rogan ambushing Romero after the fight, firstly it wasn't Romero's fault, secondly he doesn't speak English very well so was never going to be able to understand and answer the question.

Conor McGregor proved he's a force to be reckoned with. Still doesn't deserve a title fight quite yet.

Cerrone is such a dick so I'm sad he beat Alvarez, but he did look impressive doing so.

Johnson wins. Nobody cared.

Romero/Kennedy was an incredible fight. I can't see how the stool thing made much of a difference, although I think Big John should have been a bit more on the ball. Really didn't like Rogan ambushing Romero after the fight, firstly it wasn't Romero's fault, secondly he doesn't speak English very well so was never going to be able to understand and answer the question.

Conor McGregor proved he's a force to be reckoned with. Still doesn't deserve a title fight quite yet.

Cerrone is such a dick so I'm sad he beat Alvarez, but he did look impressive doing so.

Johnson wins. Nobody cared.

Romero had a translator who was doing a shitty job.

Would like to see McGregor against the Bermudez/Lamas winner.

Cerrone is a likeable dick, he's so simple too, asked if he would wait for a title shot in the press conference Dana went "Well he's going on a wakeboarding trip next week, then he'll call me when he can fight again"

About the Johnson point though.. I went to bed before the fight, so you're right.

Johnson winning was a foregone conclusion, I would feel sorry for Chris Cariaso if he didn't do a damn thing to make anyone in the world care about him.

Cerrone winning was fucking awesome, he's undoubtedly the most entertaining fighter, and he's just so fucking awesome. How anyone can hate someone as fucking entertaining as him is beyond me.

Same goes for McGregor. So fucking fluid, plus Poirier's plan to try and knock him out was never going to work. Mendes or Aldo versus McGregor would be incredibly interesting.

This happened backstage: https://vine.co/v/OZDmEI1XXgI

I totally agree that I think the ref should have ended the fight, and I'm a big Romero fan. The fight was awesome, the finish was awesome, and it was totally the cornermens' fault.

Love Cat Zingano, but she'd get whipped by Ronda Rousey.

And I fucking want Dominick Cruz versus Dillashaw, now! Honestly, though, the UFC should be smart and put Cruz / Faber III as the main event of a FOX show.

Man, Cruz's return was nothing short of spectacular. You could almost feel the anger he was feeling as he went to town. As much as I like Alvarez, Cerronne pretty much exploited a huge hole in his game and that was the end of him for that fight. I want to like McGregor but I kind of heap the same opinion onto him that most have done with Cowboy. He's such a dick.

I don't understand how he's a dick if he's just outspoken. I mean, he believes he's the best and he'd beat everyone in his division, what's wrong with that? He never once said that Poirier or anyone he fought was a lousy fighter, he just said he's better than him.

Same thing with Cowboy, really. I'm a huge Cowboy fanboy though, so that view my be a bit skewed.

He kind of did put the other fighters down when he talked about how they were the old school flat footed fighters and he was the new school and he was here to introduce them all to the new school. Saying that I was a huge Chael fan so it's a bit hypocritical but there is just something about him that makes me want to see his head get punched in. Kind of like Jon Jones.

McGregor is amazing, I love him and he's a beast in the cage too.

Also, the Cruz finish was horrific. The referee was just standing right there whilst Mizugaki was eating around 30 undefended strikes before he decided to call the fight. Terrible officiating, just disgraceful really.