UFC News and Discussion Thread

Forgot to come in here to say how much I love the Heavyweight division right now. Arlovski, Rothwell and now Hunt winning in a row makes me such a happy camper. Plus, I can't fucking wait for the Phoenix card. I hope they just stack it with another heavyweight-only main card.

On to 178, I can't fucking wait for it. Plus I can just skip the main event!

Finally just got a chance to catch the show. I was much more impressed with Meisha than I had been against her Carmouche fight. I really have only seen her in her UFC fights. Her getting beaten by Rhonda was nothing to scoff at but I felt like she didn't show a lot in the Carmouche fight. She seemed to be a little more crisp in this fight. I swear to god Hunt's fists are made of stone though. That fall after the knock out felt so delayed that it was almost comical. Then it was comical as the ref nearly takes down Hunt.

I'm quite excited to see Alvarez vs Cerrone. It should be a slugfest.

Honestly, I'm just so annoyed because I've waited over two years to see Belfort get his ass kicked. 2011 and 2012 were such wonderful years for the ass whooping he received then.

Still, hopefully Robbie takes the belt this time! And Pettis / Melendez on that card as well has me excited. Which probably means one of the two is going to get injured.

I hope Hendricks tears Lawler apart.

Then, eventually, I hope Weidman gets destroyed by Belfort.

See I was with you on the Lawler part but then you had to go all crazy with your Weidman hate and lost me. Belfort is great for the nostalgia trip but Chris is going to eat him alive.

Bout the best I can ask for between 2 fighters I really like, think Howard edged the third though.

EDIT: Not complaining about the result, but Howard definitely has a valid argument there, rematch kplztnx :w00t: