UFC News and Discussion Thread

Holy Omoplata Ben Saunders, that was sick!

It was so weird, because his overhook of the body looked very loose to me, so I didn't understand why the guy didn't roll over.

Also, Dana was apparently in breach of UFC's regulatory protocol for removing Hughes from judging during the Macau event. I can't fucking believe these judges have tenure. That's horrible.

Frank and Lorenzo.

Holy Omoplata Ben Saunders, that was sick!

It was so weird, because his overhook of the body looked very loose to me, so I didn't understand why the guy didn't roll over.

It didn't need to be as the guy wasn't rolling, I'm sure if he'd tried (or even looked like he was going to), Saunders would have clamped down.

If anyone is interested UFC put up the first episode of WEC Wreckage on their YouTube account. Really fun fights, featuring Brian Stann, Carlos Condit, Brock Larson and Urijah Faber in his featherweight title run.

I totally forgot Joe Pearson was a thing once.

So Scott Jorgensen vs Henry Cejudo has been scratched from tomorrow's card as Cejudo is injured. It also appears as though Renan Barao is also injured so the main event is in jeopardy.

But the big news is that Bob Sapp is headlining an upcoming MMA show in North Korea.

They don't really have a choice, do they? They can't pull out of PPV and put it on FS1 unless they want to absolutely piss off their PPV providers, they can't cancel the card because all the fighters are already there, they've probably paid for everything necessary. They can't tell the fighters to go home, imagine how much money the fighters have already poured into this. They have no choice, and I actually applaud the UFC and especially Joe Soto and TJ for stepping up. Soto isn't any easy fight either, and he also trained at Alpha Male recently.

This is karma for giving Assuncao shot to Barao :P though that's also understandable because they had a PPV scheduled with no one to fill it, so the rematch was the best fit business-wise, even though Barao didn't deserve it.

I hope TJ smashes Soto (though am a really big Soto fan because he stepped up), and calls Barao out on this, then faces Assuncao. Also, haven't read the reports because I want to watch the weigh-ins, but I hope if the illness or whatever medical condition could be avoided, they cut Barao. Getting super annoyed at Nova Uniao these days, and am really hoping Aldo gets smashed in October.

Also, if you look back, this is all Overeem's fault :P

It's actally sort of a shrewd move by Dana, not that really had many options though.

If Soto wins, 'Promotional debutant steps into title fight on 24 hours notice and wins' will be headline news on every sports network on the planet and thus, massive exposure for UFC.