UFC News and Discussion Thread

Damn, 2 shows today, forgot about the TUF finale.

Go on Mousasi! And I like Ogle but rooting for Maxi.

Both cards should be decent.

Barnatt absolutely deserved to win that fight, that's a terrible call.

Dolloway - Carmont was a fun fight.

EDIT: :(

Close fight, neither Barnatt nor Strickland did enough to win outright, but I'm glad Strickland won by virtue of Barnatt being a tosser. Incidentally, it looked like Strickland broke his hand early in the final round.

Mousasi looked extremely impressive.

Souza/Eddiva were putting on a great fight. Dammit Herb you could've let it go another round. There was like 10 seconds left and dude was circling away.

This Brazil card was fucking horrid. Aside from a good opener on the tv prelims, the entire card was a snoozefest, and the main event was a total joke. Maldonado took one shot from Stipe and immediately went into Brock Lesnar turtle mode. I know it was a mismatch but Stipe did not break a fucking sweat out there. Then gets finished in like 30 seconds. What a fucking joke and a horrible excuse for an MMA card. I want my time back.

The worst part is it looked like Maldonado just wanted to hurry up take his L. Like one punch and he backs against the cage and starts turtling while Stipe just stands there. Then he comes back gets hit one more time, goes on his back, makes no attempt to get up, takes a couple punches, fight over. At least try dude. That was just shameful. :facepalm:

So Dana has apparently said the reason Jon Jones won't sign on to fight Gus is because he wants Cormier, which is fine, that's just as great of a match, but if I'm Gus I'm not stepping into a cage again until I get my title match one way or the other. I wish this was wrestling and we could stick them all in a triple threat match. :P

What I DON'T want to see is Gus vs DC yet. Jones should have to go through both.

Should? Not really.

Yes really. He's the champion. The champion fights challengers in matches that are best for the promotion. Gus/Jones II is a blockbuster and a potential Jones/Cormier match has huge drawing power as well. Having Gus/Cormier take one another out would benefit Jones, not so much the UFC as a business.

Diego Sanchez just won the biggest fucking robbery of all time. The guy looked like a total joke and the fight was garbage. Pearson picks him the fuck apart, and the only offense Sanchez got in was a weak flurry in the final 10 seconds of the second round, and the judges hand him a split D. What a fucking joke. Were they asleep? That was fucking shameful. Those judges are a joke. I mean if there's an appeal system for that bullshit Ross deserves it. I'm shocked.