UFC News and Discussion Thread

TJ fucking Dillashaw is the new Bantamweight champ. What an upset! It would've destroyed Pick 'Em if I had actually updated it. :w00t:

Now hopefully Barao would consider moving up and move up to FW since he's there's nothing left for him at Bantam anyway. If Aldo moves up to LW like the rumors have said then it shouldn't be a problem. This also sets things up for Faber to finally win the belt if he gets another shot.

Aldo is also the only non-American title holder now. USA, 'Murica, etc.

Well then again, Cain thinks he's a native Mexican even though he's lived in the States his entire life, so maybe not.

No joke on nothing that may be one of the best cards I have ever watched, the main and Co-Main were enthralling, Lawler looked like a beast (again) and the prelims were wonderful, some great Jiu-jitsu on show with Chiesa's and Mitchl Clarke's wonderful submission wins and Holdsworth's utter domination of Camus on the ground, I really enjoyed tonight's show.

• Like 1

That's my boy! Picked as an 8-1 underdog and he pretty much dominated! I'd love to see a rematch!

No rematch! We gotta let Faber get that belt first then Dillashaw and Barao can rematch. :shifty:

Weidman was a bigger upset then Dillashaw for me.

Matt Serra undoubtedly has to be the biggest upset. I mean, he only got a shot because of the Ultimate Fighter. No one thought he would win, while some people thought Weidman just maybe might win.

Not to mention TJ's the fourth Ultimate Fighter to win the belt! Super cool! I mean, his win doesn't have anything to do with TUF, but it's kinda' cool.

This was amazing, though. My jaw dropped from the minute going, TJ just demolished all of Barao's weapons.

So many things have opened up in the BW division now, too! I think TJ versus Assuncao is the perfect match right now, they had a contentious split decision, Assuncao has the longest winning streak now, and it'd perfectly headline a Fox show, but I think the LA one is too close, right? Yeah, July 26th is a bit too close :( I guess the next Fox show, whenever that is. We can now have the Barao - Cruz fight, or we can feed Bryan Caraway to Barao :P And holy shit, let's give Lawler that rematch, please? Glad DC would wait, and I know Henderson is a stubborn sonofabitch, but I hope he retires now.

And Mizugaki, baby! He did some silly things, but got the job done.

I don't know, guys, I'm just super excited, that was a fucking amazing show.

I think Henderson could still have a few "legacy" fights before he goes against guys that aren't world beaters or also past their prime, but he really needs to go to MW. He weighed in at 199 for the DC fight.

Yeah, but the guy basically gets clocked around for every fight, I would rather he retire than become another Gary Goodridge.

That's against top flight competition in a weight class higher than where he belongs. Going against likes of Machida, Belfort, Cormier, and Rashad Evans it's not surprising he's getting his clock cleaned every fight. He's not that caliber of fighter anymore. If he doesn't want to drop weight and fight some easier competition, then yeah he should hang it up. I'd like to see him win a couple of "showcase" MW bouts before he goes, though, from a fan's perspective. If I'm Dana, I'd give him the choice of MW division or retirement for his own good.