UFC News and Discussion Thread

I also love when Brazilians lose in Brazil, I find it grating that it's "Brazil vs. The World" every time there's a card in South America. Now we have Brazil v Brazil and there's just complete silence because they seem unable to emotionally invest in a fight that isn't Brazil vs. The World.

Hey look, Ronny Markes just got brutalised.

I just went back and re-watched it and there was barely a sound throughout the entire fight, even when Markes was announced it was quiet. I could understand if it was just when Markes went down, but for the whole fight there was still zero atmosphere.

It's almost as bad in the US though, the amount of times you get the USA! USA! USA! chant is a little overbearing. The booing in Brazil doesn't mean the same, there's far much more showmanship and the like there that its better to have a reaction than no reaction at all in Brazil

It's almost as bad in the US though, the amount of times you get the USA! USA! USA! chant is a little overbearing.

Rich hates FREEDOM. Goddamn commie tea-sippin', Dr. Who watching, Brazil-lover.

USA USA USA USA

:P

• Like 2

It's almost as bad in the US though, the amount of times you get the USA! USA! USA! chant is a little overbearing.

Rich hates FREEDOM. Godaamn commie tea-sippin', Dr. Who watching, Brazil-lover.

USA USA USA USA

:P

All of those things are true, everytime I get close to an American I make them comfortable with me until I whisper "I'm a commie" in their ear when they least expect it.

He was talking to the ref, while I am all for fighter safety and tend to err on the side of the ref being right, this one was a little too early, but Siler had been hit HARD, twice.

That guy wasn't knocked out was he? Also was Jorgenson head butted earlier? Because he is complaining like crazy on twitter about it

There was an accidental clash of heads with Formiga which knocked him loopey, but unless the fight is called a no-contest it is a risk in MMA

I think the ref was in reaction mode after the second shot already and nothing was going to stop him from calling the fight.

Man, I have so little emotion invested in this card. I'm interested in the co-main the most, but sleep feels so much more appealing right now.