UFC News and Discussion Thread

Doubtful, Dana seems to have a hatred for her right now. Plus in the past she's failed to make weight by 5 pounds at 145. Add in the previous failed drug test and I can't see UFC being willing to risk giving her a title shot in her first fight. Not when you have an American Olympian who can draw a crowd as the champion.

Mac Danzig has announced his retirement, citing health reasons

Takanori Gomi, ex top 155er, is now fighting Isaac Valle-Flag at UFC 172 after Danny Castillo drops out.

Jake Shields has claimed he would like a title shot next, if he beats Hector Lombard in their 170lb fight at UFC 171

Cyrille Diabate is retiring after tomorrow's fight. Oh, and Davey Grant vs Roland Delorme has been cancelled as per UFC UK on Twitter. Bit of a late one considering both guys made weight.

EDIT- They were waiting on a MRI scan on Grant's knee and apparently it's too bad for him to fight. Both guys get their show money though.

EDIT x2- Jay Hieron (23-7, 0-4 UFC, 3-1 Bellator) has announced his retirement. He hasn't fought since getting starched by Tyron Woodley at UFC 156

Not sure really. He's 3-0 in the UFC and his last 4 fights have ended via injury/doctor stoppage so he's alright. But Gustafsson is most likely on another level so it's fair to say that he's the overwhelming favorite. Should be a decent fight regardless I think.

Jimi is a great athlete, but Gus is the better all round fighter.

I am really liking the UK announce team, it makes the card feel different to the "normal" cards and Gooden and Hardy know their stuff and seem passionate enough.

I also like Gooden dressing more smartly, between Buffer's and Goldie's mob bosses gone wrong look and Rogan's "EVERYONE LOOK AT MY NIPPLES" shirts I feel like it is much more professional.

Change is good, and Dan Hardy has potential but something about Gooden just annoys me! I also thought that Brad Scott won that fight but apparently not.

EDIT- The Prelims are on fight pass, so you have to pay or get a free trial I think.