UFC News and Discussion Thread

Gilbert Melendez's manager is apparently being a cunt to Dana about Gil signing a new contract.

Overeem was offered a five round fight against JDS, then a three round fight with him, but turned both down, because he has an injured rib.

Also, Rashad is injured and out of the 170 co-main. Sonnen has of course tossed his hat into the ring to fight DC, and Cormier has also called out Rumble Johnson or any other heavyweight. He basically just wants a fight.

Cormier is now fighting Patrick Cummings.

Yeah, I've never heard of him either. He's 4-0.

170 might be the first unanimous Pick 'Em event.

And apparently this dude got fired from his job at a coffee shop while talking to Dana on the phone. This is like Rocky VI or something.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dana-white-s-unhinged--unadulterated-approach-provides-window-into-crazy-ufc-world-041549121-mma.html#content_body_0

Please somebody tell me there's a video of this somewhere.

EDIT: Oh, and I realized that to find this Pat Cummins on YouTube I had to type in MMA as a search keyword as well. Stupid me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Z13SyApLc

Edited by Benkid

I like how the writer of the article claimed that he believed that a lot of people were doing drugs and hadn't got caught, yet still wouldn't name one single person when asked. It's one of those put up or shut up situations and he didn't do either.

Also, that fight was horrible. I'm not a fan of Cormier but he's going to need more than that to stand a chance.

If Melendez signs for either Bellator or WSOF then he can kiss his credibility goodbye. I'm sorry but both of those companies are so far behind the UFC when it comes to both exposure and the standard of opposition in the Lightweight division. He spent so long being called the best Lightweight fighter in the world whilst stuck in the secondary promotions, now he's in the top promotion and doing pretty well, but is still willing to go back to being the big fish in the small pond.

To be honest WSOF is a no go for him if he wants top competition, but Bellator is a good choice if he really wants to leave, with Chandler and Alvarez there there is at least two top level fights and that's before anybody else comes through and gets through a tournament. I think Melendez coming in and winning a couple of fights on the way to a ight against Alvarez/Chandler is exciting.

To be honest WSOF is a no go for him if he wants top competition, but Bellator is a good choice if he really wants to leave, with Chandler and Alvarez there there is at least two top level fights and that's before anybody else comes through and gets through a tournament. I think Melendez coming in and winning a couple of fights on the way to a ight against Alvarez/Chandler is exciting.

Isn't Alvarez leaving after the trilogy? Also, if Gilbert went down to Featherweight it'd be really interesting as well, Bellator's Featherweight division is crazy fun.