UFC News and Discussion Thread

The Bellator booking farce continues. They can't just do Jackson vs. Lawal, they have to do the wacky tournament garbage and just hope results go their way and then they'll get the match they wanted all along. Rebney has to realise some day that the tournament concept is played out and won't work if they're going to be a credible contender to the UFC.

They're also doing Alvarez vs. Chandler III on PPV (because that worked so well last time), which is of course insane because Chandler hasn't won a tournament which means the fight is going against the exact reason that they're not doing Rampage/Lawal straight away. This company is hilarious.

They added some clause to the title fight contracts, whereby if the match is too close or there is a lot of clamoring for a rematch, they'll do it. It's why Strauss / Curran 3 is happening as well, though less people want to see that, it was pretty one-sided.

Also, it was in Chandler's new deal with Bellator that if he lost the fight last November, he would be let go. If he had won, he'd have to give Chandler a rematch, then he's a free agent, win or lose.

They probably want to do the King Mo / Rampage fight as the finals as it adds another big main event for their season, since theirs is pretty much a weekly episodic thing. Rampage versus M'Pumbu sounds good from a promotional standpoint as well, former UFC champ versus former Bellator champ.

At least it's not Babalu and Seth Petruzelli.

Chris Leben has retired 2 fights too late.

As much as I love Leben, I'm glad he is actually retiring. Hopefully he's not as messed up as he seems to be when he's not in the octagon and can actually lead a normal life.

Holy shit, I skipped the prelims (and ended up forgetting about the first fight), Caceres beat Sergio Pettis? :w00t: Easily one of my favorite TUF fighters.

Was wondering how long it would take them to show CM Punk as well, I wasn't disappointed.

I enjoyed it. Thought Stipe's boxing was solid, very enjoyable to watch.

Really? To each his own but I was not impressed with either guy. GG gassed after about three minutes and Stipe coasted from there. It was very meh.

And Rogan has been shitting on the Fox robot mascot all night on commentary. I can't imagine the network is going to be pleased with that.