UFC News and Discussion Thread

So Anderson Silva has said that he doesn't think Weidman's victory is legit, and he's sure he would've won the fight. Please no more rematches. :facepalm:

Why not? The first ended with Silva playing his games and getting caught. A lot of people had doubts after that and the rematch happened. Silva comes in and snaps his leg. I don't really see a big issue with another fight between the two. Silva is a machine, the guys already making brilliant progress and it'll be quite an awesome story if he now comes back from this for one final shot at the belt. I wouldn't mind if they had him fight first for a shot either.

Weidman will obviously have to get past Belfort first, we'll see, wouldn't have any problem with a third fight. Machida/Mousasi waiting in the wings too.

So Anderson Silva has said that he doesn't think Weidman's victory is legit, and he's sure he would've won the fight. Please no more rematches. :facepalm:

Why not? The first ended with Silva playing his games and getting caught. A lot of people had doubts after that and the rematch happened. Silva comes in and snaps his leg. I don't really see a big issue with another fight between the two. Silva is a machine, the guys already making brilliant progress and it'll be quite an awesome story if he now comes back from this for one final shot at the belt. I wouldn't mind if they had him fight first for a shot either.

Weidman will obviously have to get past Belfort first, we'll see, wouldn't have any problem with a third fight. Machida/Mousasi waiting in the wings too.

He definitely needs to earn his shot. Silva lost both matches. The UFC can definitely spin it in a way where he can get a rematch again, but he lost round 1 in both fights. He got smashed in round 1 of the second fight. Anderson Silva lost, he chose to act like an idiot in the first fight, he got the rematch because he's the GOAT. No way he deserves a second rematch.

For anyone interested, Ray Longo talks about The Destruction here: http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/12/5301074/technique-talk-ray-longo-deconstructs-the-destruction . Was super interesting for me.

Also, as much as the Vitor fight interests me, nothing has me slobbering at the mouth more than the thought of Weidman / Jacare. I definitely want that fight more than the Machida one.

• Like 1

I think Silva would have won too.

Completely disregarding round 1? Or all 4 rounds in their two fights? I'm pretty sure Weidman could do anything short of killing Silva in the Octagon and he still wouldn't get credit for winning. If Silva comes back and wins a fight or two, then give him another shot. Until then, I don't think he's entitled to yet another crack. People act as if Andy slipped on an oil spot and broke his leg. Weidman was the one who did it and ended the fight in the process. Give credit where it's due.

And to his credit, Anderson did say he's willing to fight someone else and work his way towards another shot.

Regardless, I'd be fine with Weidman, Silva, Machida, Jacare, ANYONE getting the belt before Belfort. Eww...

• Like 1

I'm fine with Belfort getting a title shot, but I want him fully drug tested in a state with a regulated commission outside of the UFC. No Texas, no Brazil, no Japan, he's getting a championship shot so he should be held to the same expectations as every other fighter.

I haven't listened to it yet, but some guy from Sherdog forums called Augustus Caesar just won a pack of UFC TopCards cards while impersonating a South Korean celebrity. No way it's a coincidence :P

Also, Werdum versus Browne and Tate versus Carmouche confirmed for the April Fox card in Orlando. Main event TBD.

• Like 1

I haven't listened to it yet, but some guy from Sherdog forums called Augustus Caesar just won a pack of UFC TopCards cards while impersonating a South Korean celebrity. No way it's a coincidence :P

That is funny, but ya got the wrong guy. :lol: