UFC News and Discussion Thread

May I add, the 2 point deduction was correct, if there is an intentional foul, such as an intentional 12-6 elbow then it is a 2 point deduction, however Perceval's not spotting the tap in the co-main was horrible as was his "I just watched the video, it did not hit you in the groin" call where he watches a slow-mo replay and can't see the blatant (accidental) Low blow

WAR FABER!

I REALLY want him to finally win the big one. This might be his last crack at it too.

I've got some bad news for you guys and his name is Renan Barao.

• Like 1

The Bantamweight division is so short of title contenders right now. Faber is literally the only option they had here, anyone else is either unknown, has already lost to Faber or Barao, or trains with Barao so won't fight him.

If anyone has ever played WMMA3, Faber is Philip Ziskie, who murders everyone but Li Kong Ho. The ultimate title match gatekeeper.

• Like 4

The Bantamweight division is so short of title contenders right now. Faber is literally the only option they had here, anyone else is either unknown, has already lost to Faber or Barao, or trains with Barao so won't fight him.

If anyone has ever played WMMA3, Faber is Philip Ziskie, who murders everyone but Li Kong Ho. The ultimate title match gatekeeper.

It's true. Ziskie always wins the featherweight belt in my games until Ho gets signed and mugs his ass repeatedly. Almost exclusively by submission, mind you.

Yeah, same to me too. Which is weird because at the start of the game, Bohlin will repeatedly rape Ho, but Lars himself will lose to Ziskie. And Takeuchi will randomly win or lose to all three men. It's why I hate the Featherweight division in WMMA3, the beginning is a horrible mess of 4 men.

So TUF Brazil 3 will feature Middleweights and Heavyweights. It's going to be interesting to see how many of those HWs make the transition to the main UFC roster, as that division is really in need of some fresh blood.

Maybe Buchecha will make the transition to MMA :P

I'd say in terms of talent the Heavyweight division is solid, it's just that outside of Cain, JDS, Browne and maybe Werdum the major names are really at the end of their careers. Overeem's falling apart, Mir has been doing that for years, Barnett just got obliterated and is getting on in years, Nogueira's definitely old etc.

I'd actually like to see the next series of TUF in the US feature Heavyweights as well.

While more fighters are always nice, I would say the 265 is as strong as it ever has been in the UFC

Yeah, I completely agree, this is the strongest the Heavyweight division's ever been. I still think it has less depth compared to the rest of the divisions, though, barring maybe the Women's, which is understandable as they're still filling that one out. Even the flyweight division has more depth to it than the Heavyweight division, I feel.

I am quite excited about Browne now too and then we have people like Shawn Jordan, resurrgent Gonzaga, etc... filling out the roster near the top (Miocic too) with some solid "day to day" fighters (Struve, Nelson, etc...) I just always really look forward to a good heavyweight fight.