UFC News and Discussion Thread

Im actually looking forward to Kongo/Nelson i just find it funny you'll have like two polar opposites in Kongo and his super body VS Nelson and his "damn i hope i dont turn out like that, i need to go on a diet" body. Be a good match and a test for both men

Shields on Aldo vs Faber was genius last night, the look on Dana's face was priceless.

I am undecided about the Toney/Couture fight, its awkward with Couture being on a winning streak, you want to use Toney against a name fighter because of the money involved, but to put one of the guys who has been a face for the UFC, and a legend in Randy Couture? Risky, If Toney lands the punch on Randy and knocks him out, it looks embarrassing, and the only real gain coming out of this fight will be Randy embarrassing Toney by taking him to the ground and either GNPing him for 15 minutes, or submitting the guy, which does nothing for Randy in terms of rankings and only really appeases Dana White and his MMA vs Boxing stance.

I like the Almeida/Hughes fight, a great BJJ guy against against a great wrestler, always good fun, and Big Country vs Kongo should be a good stand up war :)

I don't like Silva, I don't like Sonnen, best result will be 25 mins guys of the two of them beating the crap out of each other in a competitive fight.

Isn't the idea that a commission would even sanction Couture/Toney proof that Randy just doesn't have it anymore?

I wouldn't imagine it to be that much of an issue, Toney will get commisioned based on his boxing credentials, Boxing being a martial art and he being a former world champion means that any athletic/boxing comission that over-sees martial arts will consider Toney a serious fighter, its a little different to having non-combat sports stars come in and fight.

TUF 11 Finale will be headlined by a Light Heavyweight bout between Matt Hamill and Keith Jardine. Credit: MMAJunkie.net

tuf-11-poster.jpeg

Interesting fight, at least for Jardine, if he doesn't win he might get cut 'cause of his losses in his last fights.

I'm not saying he will never be cut but Dana sticks with guys who have helped the UFC grow, he has pretty much said Bonnar and griffin will always have jobs, I have my suspicions Keith's in the same boat

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I don't see Jardine getting cut. PPV headliners don't get cut, ever. Plus, other than Bonnar and Alexander (in 2006 and 2007, respectively) it's not like he's been losing to schlubs.

I don't see where Jardine truly falls into the category. I know he's tight with Dana and the higher ups, and that I don't personally know any of them, but Keith really needs to start putting some wins on the record books really soon. He is already pretty irrelevant in the division to the point that the UFC hype machine could barely make him believable without a mircle streak at this point.

If Hamill beats him, which I suspect he will on points, then he should be forced to shave that awful beard.

I agree. Hamill is no fooling anyone with that beard, he should try and grow it out properly once his puberty is over.