UFC News and Discussion Thread

I know everyone gets hit with a shot every now and then but man, how much more is Frankie going to take? He's got nothing left to prove. 

Also, Alistair is another one who just needs to walk away. I'm pretty sure he won his last fight but I swear he looks scared to be in there every time I see him. He's constantly turtling against the cage and he has a glass jaw.

If Overeem continues fighting I think any chance of that being for a title is out the window now. He has been a lot more cautious over recent years but honestly whenever he loses its by TKO/KO. 

Edgar I'd like to see retire. I love Frankie and I've grew up watching him fight throughout the UFC, I remember watching his first UFC fights on Bravo here in the UK. He's been through a lot of wars...if he was to have another fight I wouldn't mind seeing him against Dominick Cruz as a sort of legacy fight for both men. 

8 hours ago, Forky said:

I feel so bad for Gilbert but man, we knew Usman was a beast. This was a solid night of fights. As much as I love MMA, most of these shows aren't worth the price point outside of the odd one.

IMO, there hasn't been a complete PPV main event card worth buying since 2016, which is like the best year fight-wise that the UFC has had. I think 2017 was the year where either main or co-main events started getting cancelled or someone would get injured on the day of the fight, ie Khabib and Tony for the Wonderboy / Woodley card.

If I had to purchase each individual PPV at 70 bucks, even if it's in my currency, I'd never do it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty gross the way it happened. JDS was offered a short notice fight against Marcin Tybura, and they cut him after he said no. So much disrespect.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Overeem going to Rizin for a couple of farewell fights (or Bellator if we finish off with Fedor/Reem), but the last place I’d want to see either (JDS especially) is BKFC.

I'm not so sure you can call that disrespect. JDS probably should have been cut a couple of fights ago. UFC and Dana get a lot of shit (some warranted) but I think they kept JDS longer than they probably should have with his recent string of fights.

36 minutes ago, Forky said:

I'm not so sure you can call that disrespect. JDS probably should have been cut a couple of fights ago. UFC and Dana get a lot of shit (some warranted) but I think they kept JDS longer than they probably should have with his recent string of fights.

I mean you can. If you want to cut him after his recent performances, you cut him then and there. You don’t offer him a fight on March 27 then cut him when he asks for more time. Let’s not pretend like they give a fuck about his recent fights.

I mean, he was on a three-fight win streak as recently as 2019 before he lost to Ngannou, Blaydes and Rozenstruik. Then he lost Gane, who’s now another top contender. I don’t really see him as someone you’d want to cut, especially as he’s got some name value that Bellator or ONE can use. I’d love to see him do some crazy shit in Rizin along with Uberreem, though. Have a crazy heavyweight tourney or something.