UFC News and Discussion Thread

On 31/03/2016 at 23:30, EddieG said:

Also Joe Lauzon vs Diego Sanchez in what should be a tasty fight, plus Edgar vs Aldo for the interim title.

I really don't understand an Interim title when the champion isn't exactly hurt. I know...money money money but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

I can't think of a fight I want to see less than McGregor vs. Diaz II.

Connor is not going for the Welterweight Championship after, this isn't a title defense it's just about redeeming a loss. I have no problem with redeeming a loss, but not when you're the champion of another weight class and have two other possible opponents. I was really pulling for McGregor vs. Edgar.

I'm the same but again it's purely because it pisses me off that Diaz is getting all this fame and notoriety when he's a complete twat that has been proven not to be good enough as a title contender, and I truly believe 50+% of the Welterweight division would have beaten McGregor based on how he looked at 170 during the first Diaz fight.

1 hour ago, SlicedBread said:

I can't think of a fight I want to see less than McGregor vs. Diaz II.

Connor is not going for the Welterweight Championship after, this isn't a title defense it's just about redeeming a loss. I have no problem with redeeming a loss, but not when you're the champion of another weight class and have two other possible opponents. I was really pulling for McGregor vs. Edgar.

Really? You'd take any single fight over this? 

I'm not really getting some of the over the over the top hate towards it. Obviously it's the money match but it's not like the first fight was shit, it was a really good fight all in all. It'll be interesting to see how McGregor approaches this one and the build up should be ridiculously entertaining too. You know the fight itself will be good. Might be in the minority but I'm looking forward to it.

12 minutes ago, Asuka's Gonna Kill You said:

Really? You'd take any single fight over this?

I'm not really getting some of the over the over the top hate towards it. Obviously it's the money match but it's not like the first fight was shit, it was a really good fight all in all. It'll be interesting to see how McGregor approaches this one and the build up should be ridiculously entertaining too. You know the fight itself will be good. Might be in the minority but I'm looking forward to it.

Okay maybe that was a bit of a hyperbole. It'd likely be a better fight than him vs. Aldo II but at least it'd lead somewhere. Him vs. Edgar would be a great fight and it's a relevant fight that could lead to another match. Him vs. Diaz is kinda pointless unless they have a 3rd rubber match (if McGregor wins) or if he's going after whoever is welterweight champion at the time.

2 hours ago, Chris2K said:

I'm the same but again it's purely because it pisses me off that Diaz is getting all this fame and notoriety when he's a complete twat that has been proven not to be good enough as a title contender, and I truly believe 50+% of the Welterweight division would have beaten McGregor based on how he looked at 170 during the first Diaz fight.

You really just can't give Nate his due, can you?

The McGregor/Diaz fight is the perfect example of Conor getting exactly what he wants off Dana.

It's the Featherweight Champion fighting a lightweight contender at welterweight. The fight has zero consequence and purpose other than Conor setting out to prove something and being a bad loser. Just like when he clicked his fingers and leapfrogged the entire lightweight division to fight Don Anjos.

I like him and he's doing great things for the country, but this is a pointless ego-driven fight. 

17 hours ago, TCO said:

The McGregor/Diaz fight is the perfect example of Conor getting exactly what he wants off Dana.

It's the Featherweight Champion fighting a lightweight contender at welterweight. The fight has zero consequence and purpose other than Conor setting out to prove something and being a bad loser. Just like when he clicked his fingers and leapfrogged the entire lightweight division to fight Don Anjos.

I like him and he's doing great things for the country, but this is a pointless ego-driven fight. 

I enjoy Conor but I kinda hope he gets crushed again just so he can get this out of his system.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ziggy Srardust said:

I enjoy Conor but I kinda hope he gets crushed again just so he can get this out of his system.

I'm in a weird situation. I love the fact that someone Irish is doing so successful and the lad really came from nothing to reach god level status here in Dublin. It's an inspiring story and he seems like a top guy outside the UFC hype train. 

On the other hand, he's reaching shark jumping territory with his ego driving the UFC. So either result would be OK for me, I just hope this hopping weight division and getting 0nay fight he wants nonsense stops soon. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chris2K said:

The next season of Ultimate Fighter will decide who gets a Flyweight title shot at a December PPV.

That may be the least watched title fight in the history of the company.

Most Fox Sports cards are getting around 1million viewers in the US, plus the international viewers.

You really think that this one will be the lowest in company history when it wasn't even on wide PPV distribution in the late 90's?

Honestly, comments like this really bug me as it's just so brainless.

• Like 1

It was a joke based on how the Flyweight title is already considered by far the weakest title in terms of interest and how having an unknown guy get a title shot is not likely to help that in any way whatsoever.

Sorry, didn't mean to bug you.