UFC News and Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Forky said:

I knew this was the first thing someone was going to bring up. I was in a house full of Connor lovers for this fight. I love it. The Tate fight went the way I wanted but not the way I expected. That shakes up the division a little bit.

Tbf that wasn't what lost him the fight, he didn't even bother defending after being rocked. But I was always confident of a McGregor win in his other bouts, I didn't see Welterweight going well for him though.

Bit gutted Connor lost but at the same time I can't help but find it funny after most of my Facebook feed was people going on about Connor McGregor all day  

I still hate the Diaz brothers, but that wasn't a surprise - and once again a Diaz delivers. I made some money outta it at least.. Conor's ego got in the way after he got rocked, and he's always going to struggle at higher weight classes. 

3 hours ago, Forky said:

I knew this was the first thing someone was going to bring up. I was in a house full of Connor lovers for this fight. I love it. The Tate fight went the way I wanted but not the way I expected. That shakes up the division a little bit.

Shakes it up if Ronda wasn't returning. All depends on if they go with Holm/Rousey II or if they give Rousey the title shot straight off of the bat. Don't see Rousey/Tate 3 being any different to the other two if it happens. Very open division without Ronda in there though. 

• Like 1

Does Aldo live in some world where he didn't pull out of the first McGregor bout even though he was cleared and was knocked out in 13 seconds in the one that eventually happened? Find it hilarious that he's giving it the bigg'un on Twitter and calling McGregor a Pussy.

• Like 1

The McGregor excuses floating around over here are hilarious, people are devastated! :lol:

Humble in victory and defeat? What a crock of shit, he's the least humble winner I've ever seen. Aldo is a massive knob though.

I'm very disappointed at the result because no Diaz deserves any kind of success in my opinion, but I'm still completely confused by what the UFC were hoping to achieve with giving their 145 champion a fight at 170. Realistically you can't give McGregor a 155 title shot now because why should McGregor fight the champion that absolutely dismantled the guy that just choked McGregor out?

As for Tate that was fantastic, I'm really pleased for her. She's always come across as really sweet even in the mire of her feud with Ronda and her idiot boyfriend.

56 minutes ago, Asuka's Gonna Kill You said:

Shakes it up if Ronda wasn't returning. All depends on if they go with Holm/Rousey II or if they give Rousey the title shot straight off of the bat. Don't see Rousey/Tate 3 being any different to the other two if it happens. Very open division without Ronda in there though. 

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

12 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

I'm very disappointed at the result because no Diaz deserves any kind of success in my opinion, but I'm still completely confused by what the UFC were hoping to achieve with giving their 145 champion a fight at 170. Realistically you can't give McGregor a 155 title shot now because why should McGregor fight the champion that absolutely dismantled the guy that just choked McGregor out?

As for Tate that was fantastic, I'm really pleased for her. She's always come across as really sweet even in the mire of her feud with Ronda and her idiot boyfriend.

Money. And they got it. As did Conor.

I don't think the deficiencies in Conor's ground game were a big secret, it's the same reason RDA started out as the betting favourite and it's not like Conor hadn't been finished by submission before. It's just no one in the UFC has gotten him into those sorts of positions before. He'll be fine though, he's got a growth mindset, he'll be training the shit out of his Jiu-Jitsu as soon as he's medically cleared. I'm still more worried about Ronda 'My striking is a strength' Rousey.

The UFC made a shit ton of money, got a bigger star now in Nate Diaz, got a new champion which presents them with another option now in that division, Conor is still a star that has fucking huge star power and can now go back down to 145 and defend his title while at the same time grow like a champion like he does (he's only 27!), I mean, how is this still not a home run for the UFC? 

RDA / Diaz II or Khabib / Diaz if RDA is still out by the time Khabib beats up Ferguson? 

I think they'd go with Holm / Rousey II and have Tate sit on the sidelines, she probably won't say no to that considering how long she's been chasing that belt.

What the fuck do they do at UFC 200 now? Conor / Frankie, though I don't know how long his medical suspension will be? RDA / Diaz II? Throw money at Ronda? Lawler / Woodley (eurgh)? I'm assuming Anderson fights on that card, though. 

1 hour ago, Benkid Nada said:

Dana said that Nate / Lawler for the belt makes sense.

Now I want to see that so badly. 

They also haven't ruled out Conor / Aldo 2, which would probably make more money than Conor / Edgar. 

Yeah, I can't see how they justify not giving Aldo a rematch.  Yes he went down in 13 seconds, but that was his first loss in ages, and he's destroyed the rest of the division, some guys multiple times.