UFC News and Discussion Thread

19 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Bloody hell.

Sousa you don't even like sports let alone UFC, so not sure quite what you're doing with the trolling in here.

Isn't Sousa's hatred of Ronda well-documented? She is a strong-minded female, but she's also a role model that slut-shames Arianny Celeste just because she's a ring card girl and called Cyborg "a man" just because of her physique. Plus, the "do nothing bitch" thing is fucking gross.

Holm fought an amazing fight. I thought Ronda would eat her up once they got in a clinch, but Holm kept calm, rode it out and escaped. Then Ronda got tired lunging the whole time and Holm destroyed her. Holly Holm's jab is so beautiful, go back and watch that, it's shot from her jawline and then goes back into perfect position.

Ronda's image is so big and monumental now that it's no wonder that people overlooked a multi-time boxing and kick boxing world champion, but she has been in this position before and she excelled at it. The rematch is going to be a lot of fun, and the internet is going to be so fucking annoying about it.

Now, screw all that, how fucking beautiful did Joanna look tonight :wub: She was in trouble in round 1, but after that, man, she is a fucking amazing striker. Kind of scared how wonky her grappling looked, though, but that could be due to Valerie just being so much bigger. 

• Like 2

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Rousey in the next few months. She wanted to take some time off after this fight, and now she'd probably be forced to due to getting KO'ed. With her 4 movies on deck, how is she gonna' shuffle her schedule around? I know Road House is supposed to start in February, how does she prepare for a world title fight where she has to avenge such a brutal loss with a movie to star in? What about the Athena Project and her biopic?

Do they put the rematch on UFC 200? That'll probably be the smartest move to make, right? With maybe Aldo / McGregor 2 on the undercard?

Ronda's mom was right about Taverdyan and Glendale being useless coaches though. The coaches have never produced anyone of note, the facilities are basic and there is no one high level to spar with. The holes in Ronda's striking defence were well known and people thought Correira would exploit them, doesn't look like anything effective was done about them.

Ronda's still very, very, very good but I can't help thinking that a Ronda that had been at a proper gym like Jackson-Wink or AKA from the start, then by now, she would be literally unbeatable.

I think Joanna Champion will run into the same problem eventually if she continues to train in Poland.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JTHtheCarlito said:

The Streak.....is over

Holly Holm is the 1 in 12-1

"My client Holly Holm conquered Ronda Rousey's undefeated streak at UFC 193"

Undertaker's last Streak win before defeat was dedicated to Paul Bearer, and Rousey's last win before defeat was dedicated to Roddy Piper.

If there is anyone in the UFC that needs Paul Heyman to talk for them Holly Holme is the one. Holy hell shes boring. Female fighters should be lucky Ronda build this ship before she got to the belt. Impressive fight still, i wonder if Ronda had don better with other coaches (her mom was angrey at her new (?) coaches a few weeks ago and the game plan during the fight totaly sucked... like, change it up a little bit at least, don´t just let her run and gun like an ideot, esp. in the second round.)

I would have loved to have been shocked by this but i did the mistake of opening firefox wich went straight to facebook since it was the last page open and the first picture i saw was UFCs #andnew picture. So i was more pissed than shocked... i wonder why they do this, they got a german Facebook page, they sell PPVs here and it´s a show that starts 4 in the morning were people either sleep or party... why not go spoiler free till sunday night so everyone can prim time the replay? - Anyway, i unfollowed the UFC now, plenty of other places to be uptodate on UFC News. 

I am surprised how many people jumped ship on ronda super fast. Melzer, Rogan, Dana... super quick. This actualy reminds me a lot of the first generation of MMA fights were it made a big big big difference what background you came from. All the men are fairly well rounded these days, But Holm was able to keep it in her backjard of fighting skill and experience so Ronda was fucked. It´s just something that could happen. I am very angry with myself that i dident take advantage of this when the odds were 21 on a Holm win. Should have put a nice little fiver on that knowing how much she had won in Boxing and Kickboxing... darn. 

rousey15s-10-web.jpg

Edited by Herr Matzat

I got the result spoiled as well, I was watching the undercard this morning and went on a wrestling newz website, whilst reading an article about Randy Orton getting married a commenter wrote "Good news for Randy that he can go on his honeymoon during his injury layoff. By the way Ronda got her ass handed to her last night." 

Not entirely sure how the two are linked.

• Like 1

Well, at least the fight was one sided enough that it dident hurt so much. With Cormie vs Gustavson i would have been more pissed in the end of the day.

Watching the fight again, it´s absolutly redicules how rondas cornor tells her "beautiful" after the first round.

Also, that shot of Holm after the fight, getting on a kne in front of ronda, getting up, turning around and noticing whats happening. Pretty nice positioning.

Edited by Herr Matzat

I was sleeping through the fight because it's Ronda against someone very unpolished she's going to lose, right?  After all she made sure that she didn't have to fight Tate again.  And she's had back-to-back strikers, obviously her camp would have worked at giving her a good defense on her feet.

Huge upset.  It makes sense a boxer would beat her given Ronda's game depended so much on getting to the ground, and with Holm able to stop that from happening she really had no chance.  The rematch is going to fill any stadium it wants, Rousey's the current face of MMA and Holm is going to be Buster Douglas without the getting fat and lazy thing.  Who knows when it happens though, Rousey has to take a long time off with her outside obligations.

And, yeah, I could rant forever about how terrible her coaches are.  If she was at a better camp she'd have won this easily because they would have actually filled in the holes in her game.  It's like they train and are like "keep doing that armbar again!"

• Like 1

Did I miss something where Rousey made it where Dana chose Holm over Tate? Because I thought it was Dana and whoever else decides these things when it isnt like a contenders match where they pulled it from Tate surprisingly to give to Holm. As general consensus before Holm was named the competitor was Tate was thought to get her third shot.

It's long been thought that Edmond and his clowns haven't really been much help, and her mother said so a few weeks ago which now looks like a perfect bit of foresight. Their big problem is that Ronda is their meal-ticket and the closer she comes to being a full-time movie star is a step closer to them being made irrelevant in MMA.

2 hours ago, RoHitman Reigns said:

Did I miss something where Rousey made it where Dana chose Holm over Tate? Because I thought it was Dana and whoever else decides these things when it isnt like a contenders match where they pulled it from Tate surprisingly to give to Holm. As general consensus before Holm was named the competitor was Tate was thought to get her third shot.

Not entirely sure what you're trying to say here, but Tate was promised the next title shot after she beat Eye, and Dana and Ronda even busied themselves hyping up a third fight at the UFC 190 post-fight presser between the two before the decision was made to make it Holm instead. It would have been the Dana and the UFC matchmakers' decision, but Ronda definitely has a say in it.