UFC News and Discussion Thread

Could be the last time we ever see the Nogueira brothers fight. Also value for money, seven fights on the main card which is unusual. 

But mostly Ronda Rousey. 

Seven fights and the only one that really means anything is the Ronda fight. I can't convince you Srar because I don't really think it's worth the money they want for UFC ppv's unfortunately.

I wouldn't buy a card headlined only by Rousey simply because chances are she'll have made her opponent tap less than two minutes in. There's just no one on her level, and there are better ways to spend 60 dollars when I can watch all 30 seconds on the ESPN highlights.

It's not worth the PPV price, whatever it is.

The card sucks.

Which of course means it's going to be 6 MOTY contenders and an armbar massacre.

The card doesn't suck really. For casual fans maybe, but for a Brazil card, there's a few big names. Both Nogueira's, Shogun, two women's fights with title ramifications, Dileno Lopes making his debut. Also Neil Magny fighting for the 4 millionth time this year against Demian Maia.

I 100% agree that it isn't worth the money, but the card doesn't suck.

Now watch as the heavyweights gas early and we get a shit tonne of dodgy split decisions :shifty:

It's his 5th in 12 months, and 8 in 18 months. Cerrone only has 7 in the same time period. 

You said this year. :shifty:

Cerrone was on 3 by May.

Also, his last fight in May, 8 fights back was November 2013, also 18 months. :P 

Dana's always getting into petty shit on Twitter. He got into it with a 14 year old a couple of days ago. I know we joke about Vince being senile and ridiculous, but at least he conducts himself professionally on the business side of things.

Edited by HeadChuck McGill

Why is it that the UK gets a lot of this stuff for free? Is it a deal that Sky or whatever works out with the promotions?

BT/Sky is like the UK equivalent of HBO/Showtime, they're premium channels so people are already paying to watch the channels, so it's not entirely free.