UFC News and Discussion Thread

The BBC covered Conor's win, the first time I can ever remember them reporting the result of an actual fight.

Bad news for me of course who went on there this morning whilst watching the rest of the card without the slightest thought they'd be covering it and saw the result :(.

I fucking love Conor McGregor.

He basically rope-a-doped Mendes, took advantage of the short notice opponent and let him gas himself out, peppered him with body shots which also fatigued him and finished him in the second like he said he would. Needs to work on his takedown defence though.

That was one of the best nights of fighting in MMA history, there literally wasn't an average fight.

Also, Gunni!

• Like 3

Holy shit. I was mentally exhausted by the end of the Rory / Robbie fight, that was just a fucking war. All three judges had Rory winning 3 rounds to 1 for Robbie (I did as well), so it just shows what a great fight it was. Robbie is an absolute beast, and he's still getting better at 33 years old. Lawler / Hendricks 3 is going to be fun. MacDonald is undeniably the 2nd best at 170 now. I'd love to see him versus Matt Brown now, would be wild. Or the Condit rematch. 170 is just so good at the top.

Conor McGregor is fucking amazing. He can't stop a power double to save his life, but Mendes didn't make a mistake, he knew he was fading and that's why he went for the guillotine. You could see when he stepped over that McGregor was going to scramble out, though. I fucking love Conor McGregor, and cannot wait for him versus Aldo. That is going to be so much fun. 

Top to bottom, probably the best fight card the UFC has produced. They just need to splice out that Pendred / Howard borefest.

Oh my god, yes! Robbie spitting blood on the floor, Rory staring straight at him and daring him to come at him. I feel that the 170 division always gets overlooked because there's no big war of words (unless Nick is involved), but that is still probably my favourite division. 

Oh, and I forgot to mention how fucking slick Gunni is. No wonder McGregor is so slippery on the floor, he has to escape that beast every other day. 

Just managed to watch this as I had way to much going on last night to be able to watch it. That Rory/Robbie fight was crazy but thought it ended quite weird until I saw the replay. Rory was starting to look a lot like Voldemort with his nose busted the way it was.

I was actually surprised at how much Connor got beat up on the ground. I actually didn't expect Chad to be able to take him down. It was a great card.

Oh, also, how fun were those Rousey promo videos? Out of the 3 or so I saw, I think only one had a lot of the usual, shouty stuff happening. I hope they continue, but they're probably just for Rousey and Conor. But I really love those Rousey promos, so slick, just like the Conor / Aldo promos.

The new kits are a bit boring ain't they? I thought we'd at least get different colours, but it's basically just black and white.

Yeah it irritated me to watch everyone fight in the same bland white and black color scheme. I hope they at least give the guys some color and design flexibility. All that should matter is that their logo is slapped on it.

I don't really care about the kits but the guide at the bottom was off all night. They had a shorts colour next to their name and I'm sure at one point they had two guys the wrong way round, and Robbie Lawler was shown as yellow when there was not a speck of yellow on his clothing.

If you're going to insist on specific kits for fighters to wear then just make them blue and red to match up with their corner.

• Like 1

I don't really care about the kits but the guide at the bottom was off all night. They had a shorts colour next to their name and I'm sure at one point they had two guys the wrong way round, and Robbie Lawler was shown as yellow when there was not a speck of yellow on his clothing.

If you're going to insist on specific kits for fighters to wear then just make them blue and red to match up with their corner.