UFC News and Discussion Thread

So, um...

Weidman/Vitor and Ronda/Zingano are going to be in the Staples Center in February, Jury/Cowboy is the new co-main for 183, Manuwa got injured and OSP is taking his place against Shogun, who is coaching alongside Anderson in the latest season of TUF Brazil but they will fight different opponents, because the Brazilians are too sensitive and probably couldn't bear the thought of two of their icons facing each other (and Shogun would get killed).

Also Bendo/Alvarez is officially the co-main of the McGregor fight in Boston, and will also feature Uriah Hall in a welterweight fight.

I was wondering if anyone of you here knew Hans Nijman? A Dutch "free fighter" - Wrestler mainly active between 1990 and 2001. He was the owner of my gym and a friend of a lot of big Dutch criminals and he's even dirty himself.

He's shot yesterday with a automatic gun just a few kilometres from my house. He got what he was coming but damn it's getting too close to my house.

Champions combine: NRL Rabbitohs join forces with UFC fighters

5531a5834816222280f20d1ef9e95f69.jpg

What do you get when the most dominant team in the NRL joins forces with one of the most dangerous men on the planet?

That's what happened late yesterday when the South Sydney Rabbitohs, led by team captain John Sutton joined forces with the UFC and one of their greatest fighters, Chris Weidman. Weidman - the man who famously knocked out legandary fighter Anderson Silva, joined fellow UFC fighters Richie Vaculik, Uriah Hall and Alex Chambers to support Rabbitohs Community Works program in Redfern, with the fighters running a martial arts clinic for all the kids involved.

Weidman was open with his own views on the sport of Rugby League as he posed with the students and allowed them to hold the treasured UFC gold belt. "These dudes are tough and they hit each other hard, so I like it,” Weidman said, discussing the sport. "I grew up playing football, which is football in America where they tackle each other and have all the equipment on, and it’s a very physical sport. Obviously I fight for a living so I’m into physical sports, so I think if I was born in a different place I definitely would’ve been into rugby, it looks like fun,” he continued.

312351bff07989769097660a56395065.jpg

While South Sydney Rabbitohs' captain John Sutton was relishing his own chance to mingle with the UFC fighters, he also revealed he and a crew from the champion NRL team would be heading over to the Allphones Arena to watch their "Bra Boy" mate, Richie Vas, do battle on Saturday at UFC Sydney.

“Yeah definitely (I'm coming out to the fight)," he said. "I can’t wait to see him fight," he said. "(Vas has) been working really hard like usual and it’ll be good to see him get out there,” he continued.

9f62b8625f914a002496335037e9ad97.jpg

Former South Sydney player and NRL veteran, Rhys Wesser, also expressed his interest in the UFC but only ever to the level of spectator. “I don’t think I’m tough enough mate," the once-powerful try scorer said with a laugh when asked about a potential career in the Octagon. "I love to run around with the ball and try to be a little bit skilful and when it gets down low, on the ground and and dirty, it’s a bit out of my comfort zone.”

Souths Cares is a program that was created with the objective of giving children and young people from the surrounding South Sydney neighbourhoods an opportunity to take part in a series of health and education workshops to support social and physical development. Of the number of programs that Souths Cares now conducts, one is the Healthy and Active Lifestyle program, designed to educates students to make informed decisions about their body, health and lifestyle choices.

093b60fd0557804c8ba0cbf1453da22f.jpg

"Because (kids are) at a state where their mind is very innocent and we, as an adult, get to shape and mould them," UFC's Hall explained. "And some kids, if you don’t mould them with the right mindset, they grow up to be either out of shape or whatnot.”

Michael Bisping gets submitted after a bad blood feud, and this thread is silent? Amazing.

The one-handed guillotine, using the other hand to get more arch on the back was awesome, by the way. Don't know where Rockhold goes next, but I think Jacare deserves the next shot so perhaps give Romero to Rockhold.