UFC News and Discussion Thread

Jones is a two face. Even Todd Grisham asked him why he was attempting to play innocent after trash talking on Twitter just minutes before the interview. He's like the kid that bullies you then plays dumb I'm front of parents. Just own the fact that you're a knob man.

Yeah, I feel like some are just assuming Jones will win, but Cormier has dominated bigger fighters at a higher weight. I'm not saying he'll win, but holy shit I want him too badly.

He has dominated people who are no way near the talent or athlete as Jon Jones, Jones is phenominal and to think DC will win this one handily I think is ridiculous, DC couldn't finish Barnett and Mir, yet is expected to walk over Jon Jones, the man who has finished Sonnen, Belfort, Rashad, Rampage, Lyoto, etc...???

I know you some of you dislike JJ but the guy is unbelievable

• Like 1

I'm torn on it personally. I'm slightly leaning towards Cormier but I never discredit how great Jones is. Nothing would really surprise me in this one and that's what makes it an absolutely brilliant fight. It was looking an awesome fight even before the heated stuff, it's even more exciting with that thrown in too.

So since Rampage doesn't wanna' fight his buddy, Emanuel Newton now has to defend his title against Joey Beltran of all people. I like Beltran, but Newton is stuck in MMA hell right now.

Speaking of silly Bellator stuff, I really hope UFC get their hands on Alvarez. Don't think it'll happen in time for UFC 178, though.

I want to see JJ get beat just as much as the next guy, but I don't feel DC is all-round as phenomenally gifted as Jon Jones.

I mean he outwrestled Sonnen like he was some kind of amateur, He has submitted the likes of Lyoto and Vitor, he has outfought the likes of Rua, Rashad Evans, Glover Texeira and (not really) Gustafsson.

Not to knock Cormier or anything, but Jon Jones is arguably the most talented MMA fighter in the world today bar none. Cormier will always stand a chance, and the best chance he has is actually standing and trying to cave his face in with his punches... But Jones really doesn't have a weakness other than his toxic arrogance.

Will be an amazing fight though.

So since Rampage doesn't wanna' fight his buddy, Emanuel Newton now has to defend his title against Joey Beltran of all people. I like Beltran, but Newton is stuck in MMA hell right now.

Speaking of silly Bellator stuff, I really hope UFC get their hands on Alvarez. Don't think it'll happen in time for UFC 178, though.

Hasn't he already signed? Currently negotiating a Cerrone fight for 178.

As far as I can tell negotiations are still going on, but Coker's new regime has basically washed his hands of Alvarez. It'll probably be just a matter of time, but nothing's final yet. They have only been sources that are saying UFC have done it, but nothing official.