UFC News and Discussion Thread

Yeah, but he's so fucking awesome at fighting that I don't really care :P As a person he's a huge gigantic dick, but so are 90% of athletes everywhere.

And I love the outstretched hand and palming of the guy's head. He has that crazy ass reach advantage, why not use it. People complaining that it's illegal are just sore that he can do it so masterfully.

It isn't masterful if your opponent can't move forward without getting poked in the eye, it's cheating. Different if he put his fingertips on their chin/forehead. He's deliberately obscuring their sight and pokes them in the eye if they move forward. It's fucking ridiculous.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's to make your opponent uncomfortable, so that he isn't able to move forward. If he does, he gets poked in the eyes, but it isn't Jones deliberately poking him. It's the opponent's job to find another way to get in range, Jones doesn't have to change anything.

Chuck Liddell used to poke people in the eyes all the time and he was a huge fan favourite, its JJ's personality which is hard to like sometimes

"Hard to like sometimes" is sm understatement. The guy comes across as a total knob.

In the media he can come across as a dick.. but following him on instagram and seeing his videos and pictures meeting fans, I've taken a liking to the guy, and I've hated him since he won the battle of the undefeated prospects against Ryan Bader.

The eye poke thing is once again ridiculous. It's a legitimate technique, and it forces your opponent to have to shift his game plan. Again, it's not unnecessary, Jones is in there fighting as well, you know, he's doing whatever he can to ensure he isn't put in danger.

Dominant champions are easy to hate, I'll give you that. I think it's also easier to find fault with them because you expect a higher standard of excellence and professionalism from them.

Then again, everyone thinks Nick Diaz is the second coming of Buddha, so sometimes I don't know what sport fans think.

So, remember when Bellator ran their TUF equivalent, Fight Master? Well, if it wasn't weird enough that former UFC fighter Joe Riggs won it, making it an exercise in pointlessness as they failed to create any of their own stars, Riggs has now left Bellator, replacing Mike Rhodes to face Paulo Thiago at UFC fight night: Silva vs Arlovski. Oh, and Efran Escudero is returning again, also on the same card.

I actually used to really liked Jones as both a person and a fighter but I soured on him sometime last year for reasons I forget now, having been unable to watch much UFC in quite a while. Now I look at the results and am usually hoping he has lost.

I actually used to really liked Jones as both a person and a fighter but I soured on him sometime last year for reasons I forget now, having been unable to watch much UFC in quite a while. Now I look at the results and am usually hoping he has lost.

Is it when he got the champions-nod against his first match with Gussy?