UFC News and Discussion Thread

McGregor's great. That said there are people demanding (and I mean demanding, to the extent of refusing to accept anything else) that he gets the next Featherweight title shot because its the right business decision.

Like I say, he's great, but he's not proven to be any kind of draw outside of Ireland

EDIT: Just seen the BT Sport panel of Dana White, Gareth A. Davies and Luke Barnatt. Wacky as it sounds it was actually some really interesting discussion about all the fights, Barnatt came across as really knowledgeable despite being nervous around Dana.

McGregor needs to beat someone near the top though to make it legit, expecially when you have guys like Cub Swanson who have been starching the top of the division talent where Conor McGregor's best win is Brandao, seems a little short sighted despite the upside of Conor McGregor being a talent and very marketable

I hate fans "oh look a talented and marketable guy comes along... Response... "Fuck him"..." Wow, then they have the gall to complain about boring fights/fighters

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that he is real good, and has top 10 potential but there's just something about him, call it the Jon Jones effect where I can help but want him to lose. I guess maybe it's an underdog thing, cause I never liked Barao or Aldo as champions, even though they are technically brilliant.

Dustin Poirer or Ricardo Lamas could be good matchups for McGregor, just to see how good he really is.

McGregor is huge over here. He's been absolutely everywhere for the past month and tickets for Friday night were near impossible to come across. I didn't like him at first because he comes across as a bit of a knob but I saw the fly on the wall documentary he did over here leading up to his fight with Holloway and that changed.

He came off as a genuinely hardworking guy who has boatloads of confidence and charisma. I really hope he does well and he deserves every success. Dana White will be very careful with his future I reckon, he's an insane draw here and he's only getting bigger.

Alexander Gustafsson has torn his meniscus (same thing that Khabib tore) and is out of UFC 178. Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier is the new main event.

Well fuck my ass that sucks. I will now root heavily for DC.

• Like 1

Of course even if DC pulls it off, UFC is going to give Jones an immediate rematch like they always do with long-term champs. I hate that shit. Maybe it was okay with a guy like Anderson but giving Barao an immediate rematch after getting decimated is just lazy as fuck.

Also, Belfort/Weidman is on for December.

Kind of depends how the fight goes. If it's super close and Jones lost he'd deserve an instant rematch for sure. Like what Gus should have gotten.

All Team Jon Jones, though. Dude's just amazing, different level of athlete. I want him to reign forever.

Kind of depends how the fight goes. If it's super close and Jones lost he'd deserve an instant rematch for sure. Like what Gus should have gotten.

All Team Jon Jones, though. Dude's just amazing, different level of athlete. I want him to reign forever.

Ben.....I don't think we can be friends anymore. :crying:

:P

But seriously, Jones is a fantastic fighter, but he's not likeable at all and comes across as arrogant. Let's not forget the whole homophobic Twitter "hacking" scandal. He's also a drunk driver. Not to mention he doesn't exactly practice what he preaches with the whole religious thing. Even Stone Cold dislikes him! I cannot wait for the day he gets taken down by someone.