UFC News and Discussion Thread

My biggest problem with Fight Pass is they are effectively charging a premium price for cards that used to be free. My family's cable bill already pays for Fox Sports, so put it on there. It just comes across as gouging. The WWE Network is giving you more than ever before for your money, while the UFC is taking what used to be free and charging you for it.

You really are missing the point though, this is not content you were getting for free, this is a new venture from the UFC, you are still getting at least the same amount of UFC on free tv in the US there will be not be significantly less Fight Night on Fox cards then last year, the UFC are using the fight pass cards as a way of accessing the non-Americas world, if you look at the cards which will and have been on Fight Pass, you have had Asian and now European events and are due more throughout those regions and the Middle East.

What you have shown is a massive case of entitlement for the sake of $10 a month.

In a different context, to compare to WWE, you are still getting Raw and Smackdown on tv, but now you also get NXT on the Network to watch as talent develop.

Johnson just said he had the best stand-up in a division that includes Anthony Pettis. I lol'd.

Forrest seems to be really struggling to keep his analysis as basic as humanly possible but Pougatch is doing a great job of "playing the role" of someone who has no idea what is going on. My favourite part was when he had no idea what a cornerman was.

The everything is just a teensy weensy little bit partial towards Jimi...

Is that C5? 'cause on BT they're giving Jimi no chance. At least not before that first round.

My biggest problem with Fight Pass is they are effectively charging a premium price for cards that used to be free. My family's cable bill already pays for Fox Sports, so put it on there. It just comes across as gouging. The WWE Network is giving you more than ever before for your money, while the UFC is taking what used to be free and charging you for it.

You really are missing the point though, this is not content you were getting for free, this is a new venture from the UFC, you are still getting at least the same amount of UFC on free tv in the US there will be not be significantly less Fight Night on Fox cards then last year, the UFC are using the fight pass cards as a way of accessing the non-Americas world, if you look at the cards which will and have been on Fight Pass, you have had Asian and now European events and are due more throughout those regions and the Middle East.

What you have shown is a massive case of entitlement for the sake of $10 a month.

In a different context, to compare to WWE, you are still getting Raw and Smackdown on tv, but now you also get NXT on the Network to watch as talent develop.

Here's where I disagree: showing the Asian cards/ C-level cards are fine on FP, but Gus/Manuwa is a television/PPV type fight that most certainly doesn't qualify as 'NXT' quality. Even Gus himself expressed disappointment when he found out his match was going to be on Fight Pass. At the least, this card was on the level of the Bigfoot/Hunt New Zealand card that was shown on Fox Sports 1 last year. It's not so much entitlement as it common sense and economics. Why should I pay for something that I would otherwise be getting for free? Really, not even for free since Fox Sports 1 costs money itself. They're asking fans who already pay for cable and pay-per-view events to shell out yet another 10 bucks every month. The fan gets the shaft in this scenario, where as in a similar business model the WWE is giving fans a steal for the price. I'm not saying UFC should put their PPVs on FP or anything, as that would be insanely stupid on their part, but I don't think the answer is to charge me for Gus/Manuwa either. It's bad business and comes across as cheap, in my opinion. You may disagree, and that's fine, but that's how I see it.

The everything is just a teensy weensy little bit partial towards Jimi...

Is that C5? 'cause on BT they're giving Jimi no chance. At least not before that first round.

Talking about the fans and the announcer guy actually.

edit: And Jimi got absolutely demolished! That ''backflip'' was gloriously bad too.

Edited by Jasonmufc

Here's where I disagree: showing the Asian cards/ C-level cards are fine on FP, but Gus/Manuwa is a television/PPV type fight that most certainly doesn't qualify as 'NXT' quality. Even Gus himself expressed disappointment when he found out his match was going to be on Fight Pass. At the least, this card was on the level of the Bigfoot/Hunt New Zealand card that was shown on Fox Sports 1 last year. It's not so much entitlement as it common sense and economics. Why should I pay for something that I would otherwise be getting for free? Really, not even for free since Fox Sports 1 costs money itself. They're asking fans who already pay for cable and pay-per-view events to shell out yet another 10 bucks every month. The fan gets the shaft in this scenario, where as in a similar business model the WWE is giving fans a steal for the price. I'm not saying UFC should put their PPVs on FP or anything, as that would be insanely stupid on their part, but I don't think the answer is to charge me for Gus/Manuwa either. It's bad business and comes across as cheap, in my opinion. You may disagree, and that's fine, but that's how I see it.

Here's where you are wrong then:

• You have to have big fights (at least one) on the card, as you need fans to buy the tickets, we in the UK have been shafted and will be continued to feel shafted unless we get named fighters coming to fight on these card, and pay the $10 for the pass (which also gives you access to what will eventually be a huge fight library)
  • You get a bunch of original programming
  • We get even more fights.
  • You are being entitled, you are obviously annoyed that it isn't on Fox, so you do care about the fight, pony up your $10 and stop your complaining, you still have access to a great deal of content with out it in America, the access in the UK is sketchy at best and if I want to have to watch the card at a reasonable time its impossible.

Also the Gus and Davis rematch is unlikely to happen, them now being teammates and all.

You are being entitled, you are obviously annoyed that it isn't on Fox, so you do care about the fight, pony up your $10 and stop your complaining, you still have access to a great deal of content with out it in America, the access in the UK is sketchy at best and if I want to have to watch the card at a reasonable time its impossible.

Also the Gus and Davis rematch is unlikely to happen, them now being teammates and all.

I don't deny it's a good deal for you guys internationally, but I personally can't justify paying extra for it, so I'm not going to do it. It's not a good value in my eyes, and that's important to me as a customer.

And I believe Gus left Davis' camp(Alliance MMA) after his Jones match. With that being said, I still don't see them facing each other again being friends and all.

He has repeatedly come out and said he never left Alliance, just he wasn't do the camp for this fight there as he didn't want to deal with the jet lag. Seeing as Alliance's head coach Eric Del Fierro was in his corner, they are all together still

He has repeatedly come out and said he never left Alliance, just he wasn't do the camp for this fight there as he didn't want to deal with the jet lag. Seeing as Alliance's head coach Eric Del Fierro was in his corner, they are all together still

Didn't hear that. Mah bad.