UFC News and Discussion Thread

Nelson looked great. It's a real shame that BT insist on doing their own coverage of this show instead of just using the Fight Pass coverage, Caroline Pearce really isn't getting any better or more knowledgeable and Ross Pearson seems happy to sum everything up in one sentence when possible.

Apparently Gustafsson only found out a few days ago that this show was only being shown in the US on Fight Pass and when he did find out he admitted that he was disappointed by that. He's got a point, if he's going to be the next challenger for Jones then he needs exposure, you can't just rely on people remembering the first fight.

My biggest problem with Fight Pass is they are effectively charging a premium price for cards that used to be free. My family's cable bill already pays for Fox Sports, so put it on there. It just comes across as gouging. The WWE Network is giving you more than ever before for your money, while the UFC is taking what used to be free and charging you for it.

No, she's pretty awful. She ends her sentences abruptly where you feel like she wants to say something more, but is scared she'll screw up.

At least Goldberg sounds confident when he's talking, even if they sound like they have the same amount of knowledge of the sport.

Yeah, that woman on BT Sport is awful.

racism and mysoginy in one topic, you really are the worst.

I'm finding Pickett a bit over-rated now. I'm sure he's a nice guy but he loses to fighters who we are told are at his level, loses handily to the top guys, and his opponent normally goes close when he does win. I was going to criticise him asking for a title shot but I also realised there's barely anyone else left to fight Johnson.

If you're watching in the UK switch over to Channel 5, firstly MARK POUGATCH and Forrest Griffin, and secondly the more viewers on a major channel the show gets the more chance of them investing more effort into promoting it.

EDIT: If you're a hardcore fan stick to BT Sport, this is very much a first-time viewer orientated programme.

There's something quite amusing about just shoving Forrest Griffin, UFC Hall of Famer and MMA legend, in a small studio miles away from the arena whilst Ross Pearson gets to sit cage-side.

Pougatch is hilariously unprepared for this.