UFC News and Discussion Thread

Bloody Elbow did to click bait. But Weidman's camp haven't helped by saying they had trained and code named the check 'The Destruction' and the mic picking up someone say 'good fuck him' when Silva broke his leg.

But yeah it's bullshit. The whole idea of checking the kick that way is to dissuade someone using leg kicks, but at the end of the day the other person is choosing to kick you. I think it's far less dirty than other things some guys do. You don't need to throw leg kicks, but you can't really stop someone doing foot stomps or oblique kicks. Not that either of those worry me much either. It's a risk you take.

Bloody Elbow did to click bait. But Weidman's camp haven't helped by saying they had trained and code named the check 'The Destruction' and the mic picking up someone say 'good fuck him' when Silva broke his leg.

But yeah it's bullshit. The whole idea of checking the kick that way is to dissuade someone using leg kicks, but at the end of the day the other person is choosing to kick you. I think it's far less dirty than other things some guys do. You don't need to throw leg kicks, but you can't really stop someone doing foot stomps or oblique kicks. Not that either of those worry me much either. It's a risk you take.

This is based on memory from when I watched the presser, but I think Weidman said that it wasn't codenamed The Destruction, but it's what Longo calls it because he's apparently broken people's legs in training by checking.

EDIT: Also, Alexis Davis versus Jessica Eye is on tap for UFC 170, and has me excited like a little girl. And Bryan Caraway has a fight on that night as well, versus Lucas Martins. Let's hope they put his hotel room next to Ronda's :pervert:

Edited by Benkid

Caraway, the long-time boyfriend of Tate, has a history with Rousey dating back to the Strikeforce women's bantamweight title bout last March. Responding to an antagonizing fan, Caraway tweeted "if [Rousey] wants to challenge a man I'll knock her teeth dwn (sic) her throat the (sic) break her arm!"

Actually, just all of this: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/3/3/2841095/bryan-caraway-ronda-rousey-fight-bimbo-miesha-tate

Edited by Benkid

Pretty sure that's the poster shown at the end of 168 so as long as the Melendez/Nurmagomedov fight gets signed then I'd imagine that it's legit.

Disappointingly, the fight between Jason High and Adlan Amagov has been scratched due to injuries and personal reasons but it means that Charlie Brenneman is returning to the UFC, facing Beneil Dariush at UFN 35.

Would love to watch that fight and see McMann win but nothing else on that show interests me

Really? I was just checking out the cards for next season's Prediction League (cheap plug! :P ) and thought how crazy stacked that card is. Cormier versus Evans is going to be awesome wrestling-on-wrestling crime, Rory Mac versus Maia is a pivotal fight for the Welterweight division (and I'm big marks for both guys), and as I said earlier, the fight between Jessica Eye and Alexis Davis probably deserves a title shot after Zingano.

The fight I'm foaming at the mouth about, though? dos Anjos / Khabilov. That is going to be a fucking awesome one.

I was actually pretty shocked that they put on so many big name fights for this card, when the Super Bowl one basically has the two title fights and probably the next contender fight in the flyweight division. Other than that, it's really lacking in comparison to UFC 170.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about the Mir / Overeem fight. Interested, but not something that gets my fight fan blood boiling.

Edited by Benkid

Would love to watch that fight and see McMann win but nothing else on that show interests me

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about the Mir / Overeem fight. Interested, but not something that gets my fight fan blood boiling.

Come on! It's always fun seeing Mir get beaten.

• Like 1

Really? I was just checking out the cards for next season's Prediction League (cheap plug! :P ) and thought how crazy stacked that card is. Cormier versus Evans is going to be awesome wrestling-on-wrestling crime, Rory Mac versus Maia is a pivotal fight for the Welterweight division (and I'm big marks for both guys), and as I said earlier, the fight between Jessica Eye and Alexis Davis probably deserves a title shot after Zingano.

The fight I'm foaming at the mouth about, though? dos Anjos / Khabilov. That is going to be a fucking awesome one.

I was actually pretty shocked that they put on so many big name fights for this card, when the Super Bowl one basically has the two title fights and probably the next contender fight in the flyweight division. Other than that, it's really lacking in comparison to UFC 170.

Maybe. But I don't know who most of those people are