UFC News and Discussion Thread

Guest mr. potato pimp

I don't disagree with any of that, especially not the part about Leben being overrated.

But even from a sport perspective - Stann beating Santiago means a lot to people who know who Santiago is and nobody else (yes UFC will hype him up, but UFC hypes up literally every single fighter they have which makes it hard to debut new fighters effectively). People who don't know who Santiago is would expect Stann, who they love, to run through this unknown guy. Silva, on the other hand, looks like a step up. Yes Stann beating Santiago will bump Stann up in online rankings, but it won't do anything more than that - from a booking perspective it'll just delay him against Wanderlei or Bisping or whoever the next step up in perception is.

It's "Brian Stann fights Some Guy" - which means Stann will at best tread water, and he's not established enough that a loss would mean great things for Santiago.

But I love Santiago and expect him to win, so while I'm glad he gets a main card fight in his debut, I just find it really odd booking.

I'm glad Santiagos back in the UFC he's done well since his first stint and his fights against Misaki are some of the most exciting fights i've seen. He's improved since his first stint and should add a bit more depth to the division.

I'd rather see Phil Davis in that fight though then Tito Ortiz......While I thought Nog would beat Tito and that would get Tito out the UFC, this is gonna be alot tougher fight for Little Nog considering how Jason Brilz did in their fight (I scored it to Brilz)I wouldn't be surprised to see Davis win this fight however it is a step up in competition and could set him on the right path.

Also Kenny Florian will fight Diego Nunes in his Featherweight debut at UFC 131 along with Dustin Poirier will fight Rani Yahya is also set for UFC 131.

Ed Herman will fight Tim Credeur at TUF 13 Finale

My friend joked that Ortiz is going to require stitches before every fight now so that he can stay employed. I think we all know Tito is done, and whoever beats him isn't really going to benefit all that much from it. Might as well cut the guy now, but I can almost see him getting put against a tomato can in his next fight, winning, and using that to move into 2 or 3 more big name matches before being done for good.

While I essentially agree with most of what is being said about Tito, in his defence, he looked much better against Hamill than he has against a lot of recent opponents, and while Hamill looked like a child against Jon Jones against most other opponents he looks at the very least competent, maybe we haven't seen the last of Ortiz quite yet.

No I don't think so, I thought Rivera started this shit by talking shit about Bisping, much like all his opponents do. It tends to be if you're not English, you hate Bisping as a fan, and as a result fighters take advantage of this by talking shit about him as they know the majority of the fans will love it.

I'm in the Bisping camp for this fight too. Not a particularly big fan of his, but Rivera's getting old fast.

I actually don't get why Bisping is hated so much. Sure he has his arrogant moments, but there are guys doing and saying worse and not getting as much from the fans.