UFC News and Discussion Thread

No, a PPV bonus.. if people know there's a chance you're going to do the showboating shtick you did at 112, people won't buy the PPV, and Silva gets a small paycheck.

Anderson Silva is paid by the amount of buys the shows he headlines receives. Most of the elite level UFC guys are.

You see I was going to make this poit, but I felt like I would be banging my head up against a wall, so I let it slide.

He got told that not everybody has the same viewpoint as him, he loved the Couture/Vera fight from 105, other people told him it was boring and he got mad that people didn't have the same viewpoint as him and people didn't subscribe to his particular take on MMA and he left having a tantrum like a little girl

• Like 2

He got told that not everybody has the same viewpoint as him, he loved the Couture/Vera fight from 105, other people told him it was boring and he got mad that people didn't have the same viewpoint as him and people didn't subscribe to his particular take on MMA and he left having a tantrum like a little girl

I thought Biggz left because he lost his internet? Must have missed something. Certainly didn't have the worst point of view on here (Y)

I thought Biggz left because he lost his internet? Must have missed something. Certainly didn't have the worst point of view on here (Y)

Not saying it was the worse point of view of the sport. But if you get in to a huff about people disagreeing with you over their own personal preferences you ego needs deflating a few notches, him leaving was for the better if he is gonna act like a little bitch for people telling him they don't enjoy what he enjoys.

Case in point, I like cricket, a lot of people don't, I don't get in to a temper tantrum and stamp my feet because of it, its essentially what Biggz did.

Not saying it was the worse point of view of the sport. But if you get in to a huff about people disagreeing with you over their own personal preferences you ego needs deflating a few notches, him leaving was for the better if he is gonna act like a little bitch for people telling him they don't enjoy what he enjoys.

Case in point, I like cricket, a lot of people don't, I don't get in to a temper tantrum and stamp my feet because of it, its essentially what Biggz did.

You should. :angry:

Wasn't Biggz the one who asked God to have mercy on the soul of someone who didn't like a fight he liked? Because no matter how violently I've disagreed with someone on the subject of an MMA fight, I've never felt they were risking eternal damnation by doing so.

Guest Willy Nilly

Rumour has it that UFC 118 (Boston) will be headlined by Penn/Edgar II, with a Kenny Florian fight on the undercard that I assume would be basically a contendership fight (Maynard?).

I'm not sure I like this...Edgar/Maynard would be a rare opportunity for UFC to try and create a new star in the lightweight division, what do they have to gain from BJ Penn beating two more guys?

• Like 1

As much as i feel Gray does deserve a chance i think the UFC have made the right choice in BJ having a rematch because:

A) It was a really close fight, personally i had Edgar winning 3 rounds to 2

B) Name value of BJ compared to Maynard. (I think making Maynard a star will take quite some more time, have him fight Kenny Florian)

C) BJ finishing fights and being generally more exciting than Gray

I think Gray Maynard/Kenny Florian with the winner fighting winner of BJ/Edgar. You can play the rematch card with Gray/Edgar but i can't see that headline a card and generate alot of buys

Edited by davidmarrio

-UFC is likely to absorb WEC's 155lb division once WEC adds on another lower weight division. If you recall, not too long ago WEC talked of adding a 125lb division. (via Dana)

-Kongo has signed a new, six fight, deal with the UFC.

-Chris Lytle/Matt Brown rematch is tentatively set for July 3 @ UFC 116.

-UFC is likely to absorb WEC's 155lb division once WEC adds on another lower weight division. If you recall, not too long ago WEC talked of adding a 125lb division. (via Dana)

-Kongo has signed a new, six fight, deal with the UFC.

-Chris Lytle/Matt Brown rematch is tentatively set for July 3 @ UFC 116.

When I talked to WEC president Reed Harris he said that until they have dealt with all the current contracts in the division they haven't really got the space to give enough exposure for the 125 guys yet on their current deals, adding a division unless you can get current stars to move down a weight class in to it means that they aren't going to draw tv numbers (which despite the move in to PPV still havs to be WEC's main aim and goals), and if UFC does absorb the 155ers in, why not absorb the whole WEC and start a PRIDE Bushido like movement where you have programming under the UFC name but with the 155 divison and below? The 155 dvision would lend exposure to the lower weight classes and the people who only watch UFC events would be more likely to watch it with the name attached rather than it being WEC. It pains me to say it as I love the WEC, but if all the wieght divisions are getting absorbed in to the UFC, why not go the whole hog and adjust your aims. You can have Reed Harris and Sean Shelby working with the 155s and below and Joe Silva on the 170s and above and then have Dana White as the front man for it all, having the lower weight classes in the UFC and having a TUF available to them for example would be great exposure for a division, like having Faber and Brown as coaches :)