UFC News and Discussion Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Per popular demand, UFC now has its own news and discussion thread for those who don't want to sift through information on foreign and smaller companies.

A few tidbits to start us off:

-Gray Maynard is tired of beating people he's expected to beat, and has called out the winner of the Florian/Gomi fight on the 31st.
-Frank "Nutso" Mir claims that Shane Carwin is a more dangerous opponent than Brock Lesnar...but says he'll beat Carwin.
-Charles Oliviera is the newest UFC signing

Plus we're still not sure what's up with Randy, Chuck, Tito and Rich.

Per popular demand, UFC now has its own news and discussion thread for those who don't want to sift through information on foreign and smaller companies.

-Gray Maynard is tired of beating people he's expected to beat, and has called out the winner of the Florian/Gomi fight on the 31st.

-Frank "Nutso" Mir claims that Shane Carwin is a more dangerous opponent than Brock Lesnar...but says he'll beat Carwin.

That should totally be a sitcom.

That should totally be a sitcom.

3 Normal guys and an Asshole (the asshole would be Tito in case you didn't get it :shifty:)

And in related news... Randy Couture got his first ever tattoo...

33dfp5s.jpg

It's looking less and less likely that GSP will try out for 2012 Olympic wrestling.

The UFC fan in me is happy but the Canadian in me is sad.

GSP's wrestling is very much tailored for MMA though, it sounds weird, but I think the guy may struggle in olympic competition

Kind of a poor way to start, although I do think it was a fair stoppage. It seemed like Alessio was getting the better of the striking, then he landed that punch right to the eye of Irvin. Since it wasn't a poke, there was no reason for the referee to stop the action except to protect Irvin from eating punches on the ground.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I wouldn't say that. Most of the winners I expected (Irvin/Sakara was a fluke), and the fights were exciting enough. No barnburners, but that's to be expected with the evolution of fighters to the point where the most boring fighter picks the pace in every fight.