Dave Medd vs. Chris Clements

Jason St-Louis vs. Steve Claveau

Dave Pariseau vs. Martin Grandmont

Yves Lemelin vs. Daniel Boisseault

Bob Landry vs. David Fraser

Jospeh Paquet vs. Jean-Francois Bedard

Sebastien Gaulthier vs. Stephane Pinet

Live Results:

Stephane Pinet d. Sebastian Gauthier by Decision (Split)

Jean-Francois Bedard d. Jospeh Paquet by TKO (Strikes) in Round One

Bob Landry d. David Fraser by TKO (Corner Stoppage) in the Second Round

Yves Lemelin d. Daniel Boissoneault by Decision (Unanimous)

Martin Grandmont d. Dave Pariseau by TKO (Strikes) in Round One

Steve Claveau d. Jason St. Louis by Submission (Triangle Choke) in Round One

Chris Clements d. David Medd by TKO (Strikes) in the Second Round

Stephane Dube d. James Martinez by TKO (Strikes) in the First Round

Luke Caudillo d. Samuel Guillet by KO in Round One

Sam Stout d. Fabio Holanda by TKO (Did not answer bell) in Round Two

Jonathan Goulet d. Thomas Schulte by TKO (Strikes) in Round One

Hatsu Hioki d. Mark Hominick by Decision (Majority)

Well, I'm no TKO expert... 4-8.

Edited by ACCBiggz

Just to change the topic ever so slightly but I can't be bothered starting a new thread for something.

I like UFC, I enjoy it, it's fun to watch but people say that UFC isn't as good as it was, and that PRIDE and K-1 are much better, however I'm looking to purchase some good UFC DVD's over the coming months so can someone give me a good idea on what to get?

Just some things, I don't want to go back too long ago, so try to keep them relatively modern.

I'm not interested in listening to Japanese commentators particularly, so no K-1 or PRIDE etc.

I love Matt Hughes

Any recommendations my fellow EWBers?

Guest Takayamanofear

Just some things, I don't want to go back too long ago, so try to keep them relatively modern.

I'm not interested in listening to Japanese commentators particularly, so no K-1 or PRIDE etc.

I love Matt Hughes

I love Matt Hughes

You realize that All of Pride Shows are Commentated in English and A good number of the K-1 Shows are in English.

You can buy older DVD's, but they take forever to release (I think UFC60, Hughes vs. Gracie was the latest release) and they end up cutting entrances and some other things from it, except for the Main Event, sometimes. I'd just say watch the PPV's live, but like I said, if you want more Hughes anything pre-66 should be pretty good.

Or, you could pay a monthly subscription to UFC On Demand, and download some of the matches they have there. I think you can also buy individual fights, but I can't remember.

Edited by ACCBiggz

If you want to get some UFC DVDs I'd suggest going for shows with some of the big main events like Ortiz/Liddell, Couture/Ortiz, Couture/Liddell as that way you'll get recognisible names in good fights in the main event and the undercard become more familiar to you, which will help you when buying future DVDs.

Plus, if you really want you can start collecting the UFC DVDs from the very beginning as Silvervision are in the process of releasing every UFC event ever held. Be warned though the action isn't as fluid in those shows as it is these days.

Just to change the topic ever so slightly but I can't be bothered starting a new thread for something.

I like UFC, I enjoy it, it's fun to watch but people say that UFC isn't as good as it was, and that PRIDE and K-1 are much better, however I'm looking to purchase some good UFC DVD's over the coming months so can someone give me a good idea on what to get?

I love Matt Hughes

Any recommendations my fellow EWBers?

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

For a Leafs fan, you really are quite the guy. Thanks for that, was way passed what I expected to be honest, I was looking in my MHV the other day and I think I saw 61 or 62 in there and most of them were down for around £12-15 mark I think, so it's not going to cost too much if I get one every month or so, and I think it's quite up to date for us being English at least.

I'll look into what they have and then see if I can pick up your recommendations. Obviously just because I like Matt Hughes, doesn't mean I need to see him constantly, I want to appreciate them all. I also look to pick up the latest one when it's released because Cro Cop and Rampage seem scarily good.

Ugh, BitchCop in the UFC. words can not adaquetly express my disgust. Why can't he go back to Pride and take Ortiz with him?

Nice to see the UFC's version of Barry Horowitz is up for another beatdown as well

I'm guessing Horowitz is Sinosic. As I said before, he's the UFC premier jobber.

As for the Cro Cop hate, the only thing that has ever bothered me about the guy is when he gets late into a fight and his opponent seems to be winning... He tends to not want to engage, even resorting to running away. Actually, it's only happened twice, against Mark Hunt and Fedor, but his unwillingness to be aggressive and failure to engage was ridiculous. He literally turned around and ran away from Fedor. Firmly settling the question of who is the undisputed most feared man in MMA.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

So it's Cro Cop vs. Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 70.

With Arlovski and Kongo still rumored for the show, it's a strong possibility they'll go at it as well.

Updated speculated card for UFN in April.

UFC FIGHT NIGHT 9: APRIL 5, 2007 ON SPIKE TV

The Palms in Las Vegas, Nevada

Main Card Bouts (subject to change):

-Joe Stevenson vs. Melvin Guillard

-Kenny Florian vs. Dokonjonosuke Mishima

-Antoni Hardonk vs. Frank Mir

Preliminary Bouts (subject to change):

-Wander Braga vs. Kurt Pellegrino

-Kuniyoshi Hironaka vs. Jeff Joslin

-Wilson Gouveia vs. Hector Ramirez

-Naoyuki Kotani vs. Thiago Tavares

-Roan Carneiro vs. Anthony Torres

Main card airs live on Spike TV on Thursday, April 5 from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM (ET/PT) as the lead-in to the premiere of The Ultimate Fighter 5

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Just some more news to add: Nate Marquardt Granted Title Shot With Anderson Silva. It's about time he has been pushed up the ranks, although it won't draw well because only the Fight Night fans have seen him once against Salavarrey.

Also, Leben vs. Starnes has been rumored to happen in May. Jake O'Brien will face Brandon Vera in Vera's last UFC match.

Ugh, BitchCop in the UFC. words can not adaquetly express my disgust. Why can't he go back to Pride and take Ortiz with him?

I like you, Troy, to the extent I have to like someone associated with the Penguins, but I feel obligated to inform you that I'd hide somewhere for about a couple of months. Cro Cop hears and sees all, you know, and he'll probably boot your head off if he finds you.

Seriously, though, what's with the Mirko hating?

I was just curious as to why you hated him... and even though the running away thing is a no-no in my books, he's only been in that situation two times, against the #1 HW and Hunt (Who is overrated imo, but I like him). I didn't know if you had a logical reason to dislike him or what. Why dislike him as soon as he debuted anyway?

In an un-related note Anderson Silva's PRIDE entrances are gold.

I was just curious as to why you hated him... and even though the running away thing is a no-no in my books, he's only been in that situation two times, against the #1 HW and Hunt (Who is overrated imo, but I like him). I didn't know if you had a logical reason to dislike him or what. Why dislike him as soon as he debuted anyway?

In an un-related note Anderson Silva's PRIDE entrances are gold.