The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

I could have sworn that was ruled a td...what happen between that I don't know.

It was at first, the official closest to the catch ruled a TD. Then another official came over and overturned the call. It went up to the booth and the rule on the field stood. I just don't get how it wasn't a TD, he had absolute possesion, then put the ball down as he was trying to get up. I mean shit, if a RB breaks the plane of the endzone, then fumbles it, it's a TD. It's just some absurd rule about the "process of the catch".

Over an hour later, and I'm STILL PISSED about this play. That combined with Stafford's injury just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when thinking about football today. Can't shake the negative feeling :(

DirecTV can eat a big sack of spiked flaming dicks. Complete signal loss at about the third quarter of the early games, and this is the fourth time this summer that it's happened.

I know we can't be the only people in our apartment complex having these issues, so the fact that there's no angry mob charging the leasing office demanding a switch to cable is baffling.

We were just thinking about Sunday Ticket, and enjoying the free trial, but now, fuck it.

I could have sworn that was ruled a td...what happen between that I don't know.

It was at first, the official closest to the catch ruled a TD. Then another official came over and overturned the call. It went up to the booth and the rule on the field stood. I just don't get how it wasn't a TD, he had absolute possesion, then put the ball down as he was trying to get up. I mean shit, if a RB breaks the plane of the endzone, then fumbles it, it's a TD. It's just some absurd rule about the "process of the catch".

Over an hour later, and I'm STILL PISSED about this play. That combined with Stafford's injury just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when thinking about football today. Can't shake the negative feeling :(

I'm annoyed definitely. And I think what bothers me is that the defense played a pretty good game even if they did give up a ton of yards. They made plays when necessary, they put some pressure on Cutler, stuffed the run up the middle, and the four down goaline stand was beautiful.

Louis Delmas looked awesome today, glad that he isn't suffering any lingering effects from the groin injury.

The Stafford injury is awful, it really could take the wind out of our sails for this entire season, let alone this game. At the same time, I think Linehan was too conservative with Hill and should have let him throw more often, especially with the running game faltering. I don't think Hill is going to win a ton of games, but I think he can manage a game and get the ball to our wide outs.

Nah, it's alright, I've got Knowshon Moreno to fall back o-oh, no, wait, that's not true. I DON'T have Knowshon Moreno because you fucked me over with the waiver order. Thanks.

You could have drafted him and you wouldn't be having this problem at all.

wow that Calvin Johnson td being taken back was fucking retarded. he caught it and had control. the lions got screwed.

It fucked me over in fantasy too. Such a stupid rule, the NFL is lucky it happened in week 1 of the season in all honesty.

Kevin Kolb is battling Trent Edwards for worst QB of the day so far. He's just been awful.

The absolutely fucktarded rule that says Calvin Johnson didn't score on that catch needs to be tossed .... and the stupid fuck that made it up needs to die in a fire if he's still alive.

That makes the tuck rule look logical.

This.

If you're running with the ball and the nose crosses the tip of the goal line it's a TD, even if you get murdered on impact and the ball ends up coming out right afterwards. However if you're receiving the ball, in order to make the catch, you have to land with two feet or a knee on the ground, but even then if some douche knocks into you and the ball even touches the grass it's considered incomplete. Have some fucking consistency with the rules.

Edited by naiwf

After 2 hours to cool down and see the replay again, it was the right call. The ball came out as soon as it touched the ground. He wasn't trying to push up off the ground with it. When you get a chance, watch it in real speed instead of slow mo and your mind might change.

Your mistake came first my friend. I gave you that tidbit on Jackson and didn't go and pick him up myself in an attempt to make amends.

In your eyes, because I didn't draft him, you made no mistake in screwing me over? It's not like what I'm proposing is a particularly radical concept either - we're not in a keeper league, this season and last season are two separate entities with no bearing on one another, and it's generally quite well-accepted you reverse draft order for waivers.