The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

This game is a perfect example of why they will change the rule stating that a (below) .500 team doesn't deserve a home game in the playoffs. The Saints tied for the 2nd best record in the conference and the Seawhos tied for 8th. It's only natural that the team that was 4 games better starts the playoffs on the road. [/sarcasm] It makes no sense that the 12 win Ravens are the 5th seed in their conference when they tied for the 3rd best record in the whole league. Winning a division should just get you a playoff spot. All of these other perks are retarded.

Edited by naiwf

REALLY Saints? REALLY? Did you REALLY have to go for that?

Saints go for it on 4th down within their own 30 and get slammed backward.

I thought it was a great play call. They're usually great in that situation, they're down 14, it's less than a yard, take the shot. I think a team going all out to try to shift the momentum is a great idea, and even though the play failed, it's been all Saints since, and I don't think it's a coincidence.

This game is a perfect example of why they will change the rule stating that a (below) .500 team doesn't deserve a home game in the playoffs. The Saints tied for the 2nd best record in the conference and the Seawhos tied for 8th. It's only natural that the team that was 4 games better starts the playoffs on the road. [/sarcasm] It makes no sense that the 12 win Ravens are the 5th seed in their conference when they tied for the 3rd best record in the whole league. Winning a division should just get you a playoff spot. All of these other perks are retarded.

Yes well, a team like the Saints shouldn't be getting knocked around by a 7-9 team regardless of where they're playing.

REALLY Saints? REALLY? Did you REALLY have to go for that?

Saints go for it on 4th down within their own 30 and get slammed backward.

I thought it was a great play call. They're usually great in that situation, they're down 14, it's less than a yard, take the shot. I think a team going all out to try to shift the momentum is a great idea, and even though the play failed, it's been all Saints since, and I don't think it's a coincidence.

It was a gutsy call for sure, but given the field position and the fact they had plenty of time to still comeback, it wasn't worth the risk. Indeed, they came out okay, but still, that could have shut them down right then and there. We will agree to disagree though.

Edited by Universal

Holy shit..he broke what...like 4 tackles?

Yes well, a team like the Saints shouldn't be getting knocked around by a 7-9 team regardless of where they're playing.

I agree. I'm just saying this game will cause a rule change.

Marshawn Lynch activating BEAST MODE was pretty fucking impressive. I hear that # 22 of the Saints was disowned by his mother shortly after that play ended.

and a Saints linebacker takes a cheap shot when their lined up in the victory formation.

Very classy. I could understand it if the Seahawks blew them out and ran up the score..but that was a toughly played DAMN good football game. Hats off to the Seahawks..