The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

The absolutely fucktarded rule that says Calvin Johnson didn't score on that catch needs to be tossed .... and the stupid fuck that made it up needs to die in a fire if he's still alive.

That makes the tuck rule look logical.

This.

If you're running with the ball and the nose crosses the tip of the goal line it's a TD, even if you get murdered on impact and the ball ends up coming out right afterwards. However if you're receiving the ball, in order to make the catch, you have to land with two feet or a knee on the ground, but even then if some douche knocks into you and the ball even touches the grass it's considered incomplete. Have some fucking consistency with the rules.

Two different things. If you're running with the ball and you cross the plane, you already have possession. If you're catching the ball, you need to establish possession. I'd definitely say that the rules for calling a catch a catch are getting needlessly complicated now, but by the letter of the law, Johnson didn't make that catch, and I've no problem with that, as long as it's going to be called consistently across the board. And therein lies the trouble with having such contrived rules for establishing a possession on a reception, I think there's too much room for interpretation and different officials are going to see things differently.

Your mistake came first my friend. I gave you that tidbit on Jackson and didn't go and pick him up myself in an attempt to make amends.

In your eyes, because I didn't draft him, you made no mistake in screwing me over? It's not like what I'm proposing is a particularly radical concept either - we're not in a keeper league, this season and last season are two separate entities with no bearing on one another, and it's generally quite well-accepted you reverse draft order for waivers.

Get over it Be, it's fantasy game with no money on the line, you'll live.

Your mistake came first my friend. I gave you that tidbit on Jackson and didn't go and pick him up myself in an attempt to make amends.

In your eyes, because I didn't draft him, you made no mistake in screwing me over? It's not like what I'm proposing is a particularly radical concept either - we're not in a keeper league, this season and last season are two separate entities with no bearing on one another, and it's generally quite well-accepted you reverse draft order for waivers.

Get over it Be, it's fantasy game with no money on the line, you'll live.

I doubt it, I've heard of people getting killed because of wrong drafting in their Fantasy Teams.

Two different things. If you're running with the ball and you cross the plane, you already have possession. If you're catching the ball, you need to establish possession. I'd definitely say that the rules for calling a catch a catch are getting needlessly complicated now, but by the letter of the law, Johnson didn't make that catch, and I've no problem with that, as long as it's going to be called consistently across the board. And therein lies the trouble with having such contrived rules for establishing a possession on a reception, I think there's too much room for interpretation and different officials are going to see things differently.

You're right. It's the exact same rule that cost Troy Polamalu that interception in the 2005 Divisional Playoff game against the Colts.

The rule is bad, but the call was correct.

The absolutely fucktarded rule that says Calvin Johnson didn't score on that catch needs to be tossed .... and the stupid fuck that made it up needs to die in a fire if he's still alive.

That makes the tuck rule look logical.

This.

If you're running with the ball and the nose crosses the tip of the goal line it's a TD, even if you get murdered on impact and the ball ends up coming out right afterwards. However if you're receiving the ball, in order to make the catch, you have to land with two feet or a knee on the ground, but even then if some douche knocks into you and the ball even touches the grass it's considered incomplete. Have some fucking consistency with the rules.

He did establish it. He caught it with both hands, came down on both feet, brought the ball into his body, is touched by the defender, falls on his ass and knee, even makes a "football move" by turning his body up the field, and then one hands the ball onto the turf.

Everything about that was a catch. Especially since it was in the end zone. The moment he had the ball and both feet hit in the end zone, it's a TD. Hell, he was even down by contact before the ball came out.

I don't care what kind of bullshitary that someone concocts to say why it wasn't a catch. It was, period. I was watching it in real time when it happened (thank you Red Zone Channel) and have since watched the replay ... a lot. He caught the ball and he and the Lions got dry fucked with broad tip, end of story.

I'd also like to apologize for my negative comments on Arian Foster earlier in the thread. He's uh ... good.

• Like 1

The big problem with the Lions passing attack was that we weren't going down field at all, with Stafford or Hill. They really didn't give CJ any opportunities to make plays until the very end of the game. Best didn't do much but he did score two TD's so still had fantasy value. Stafford wasn't actually playing bad, he was accurate and decisive, just that it seemed our scheme were trying to run on the Bears (but their front seven was awesome today and Best couldn't get it going) rather than try and throw down the field some more. The offensive play calling was really bad today in general.

But yeah, Stafford could be out for a bit, so you may want to consider dropping him depending on the severity of the injury if Denver has a bye coming soon.

Man, I bet Dallas are ruing that end of half epic fail right now.

[Edit] DALLAS WINS!

wait, flag on the play.

[Edit 2] I was up in my seat when Romo threw what I thought was the game winning TD pass.

what a game.

Wow..only time I've wanted Dallas to win and they let me down...figures <_<

Well thank you Alex Barron for doing a wonderful job filling in for Flozel Adams' 8 penalties a game.

We played like shit for far too long in that game, as we always tend to do when playing in Washington.